Strategic investment and international spillovers in natural gas markets
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Robert A. Ritz, 2015. "Strategic Investment and International Spillovers in Natural Gas Markets," Working Papers EPRG 1505, Energy Policy Research Group, Cambridge Judge Business School, University of Cambridge.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bulow, Jeremy I & Geanakoplos, John D & Klemperer, Paul D, 1985. "Multimarket Oligopoly: Strategic Substitutes and Complements," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(3), pages 488-511, June.
- Franz Hubert & Svetlana Ikonnikova, 2011.
"Investment Options And Bargaining Power: The Eurasian Supply Chain For Natural Gas,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 59(1), pages 85-116, March.
- Hubert, Franz & Ikonnikova, Svetlana, 2009. "Investment Options and Bargaining Power the Eurasian Supply Chain for Natural Gas," MPRA Paper 17854, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Growitsch & Harald Hecking & Timo Panke, 2014.
"Supply Disruptions and Regional Price Effects in a Spatial Oligopoly—An Application to the Global Gas Market,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 22(5), pages 944-975, November.
- Growitsch, Christian & Hecking, Harald & Panke, Timo, 2013. "Supply disruptions and regional price effects in a spatial oligopoly - an application to the global gas market," EWI Working Papers 2013-8, Energiewirtschaftliches Institut an der Universitaet zu Koeln (EWI).
- Mark Bagnoli & Ted Bergstrom, 2005. "Log-concave probability and its applications," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(2), pages 445-469, August.
- Vasco M. Carvalho, 2014.
"From Micro to Macro via Production Networks,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 23-48, Fall.
- Vasco M. Carvalho, 2014. "From Micro to Macro via Production Networks," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1467, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Vasco Carvalho, 2014. "From micro to macro via production networks," Economics Working Papers 1449, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Doane, Michael J. & McAfee, R. Preston & Nayyar, Ashish & Williams, Michael A., 2008. "Interpreting concentration indices in the secondary market for natural gas transportation: The implication of pipeline residual rights," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 807-817, May.
- E. Glen Weyl & Michal Fabinger, 2013. "Pass-Through as an Economic Tool: Principles of Incidence under Imperfect Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 121(3), pages 528-583.
- Simon Cowan, 2012.
"Third-Degree Price Discrimination and Consumer Surplus,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 333-345, June.
- Simon GB Cowan & Simon Cowan, 2009. "Third-Degree Price Discrimination and Consumer Surplus," Economics Series Working Papers 462, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Holz, Franziska & von Hirschhausen, Christian & Kemfert, Claudia, 2008. "A strategic model of European gas supply (GASMOD)," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 766-788, May.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Simi Kedia, 2002.
"Explaining the Diversification Discount,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1731-1762, August.
- José Manuel Campa & Simi Kedia, 1999. "Explaining the Diversification Discount," Working Papers 99-06, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Campa, Jose M. & Kedia, Simi, 2000. "Explaining the diversification discount," IESE Research Papers D/424, IESE Business School.
- Meyer, Margaret & Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, John, 1992.
"Organizational Prospects, Influence Costs, and Ownership Changes,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 9-35, Spring.
- Meyer, Margaret A & Milgrom, Paul & Roberts, Donald John, 1992. "Organizational Prospects, Influence Costs, and Ownership Changes," CEPR Discussion Papers 665, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ritz, Robert A., 2014. "Price discrimination and limits to arbitrage: An analysis of global LNG markets," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 324-332.
- Chyong, Chi Kong & Hobbs, Benjamin F., 2014. "Strategic Eurasian natural gas market model for energy security and policy analysis: Formulation and application to South Stream," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 198-211.
- Sandro Shelegia, 2012. "Is the Competitor of my Competitor also my Competitor?," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 927-963, December.
- Vasco M. Carvalho, 2014. "From Micro to Macro via Production Networks," Working Papers 793, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- B. Douglas Bernheim & Michael D. Whinston, 1990. "Multimarket Contact and Collusive Behavior," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 21(1), pages 1-26, Spring.
More about this item
KeywordsCompetitive advantage; corporate diversification; liquefied natural gas (LNG); supply security; strategic investment;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- F12 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Models of Trade with Imperfect Competition and Scale Economies; Fragmentation
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- L95 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Gas Utilities; Pipelines; Water Utilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CIS-2015-05-02 (Confederation of Independent States)
- NEP-ENE-2015-05-02 (Energy Economics)
- NEP-REG-2015-05-02 (Regulation)
- NEP-TRA-2015-05-02 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:1510. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jake Dyer). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/ .