‘Estimation of Discrete Choice Models Using DCM for Ox’
DCM (Discrete Choice Models) is a package for estimating a class of discrete choice models. Written in Ox, DCM is a class that implements a wide range of discrete choice models including standard binary response models, with notable extensions including conditional mixed logit, mixed probit, multinomial probit, and random coefficient ordered choice models. The current version can handle both cross-section and static panel data. DCM represents an important development for the discrete choice computing environment in making available a broad range of models which are now widely used by academics and practitioners. Developed as a derived class of Modelbase, users may access the functions within DCM by either writing Ox programs which create and use an object of the DCM class, or use the program in an interactive fashion via OxPack in GiveWin. We demonstrate the capabilities of DCM by using a number of applications from the discrete choice literature.
|Date of creation:||Apr 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.econ.cam.ac.uk/index.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Daniel McFadden & Kenneth Train, 2000. "Mixed MNL models for discrete response," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(5), pages 447-470.
- Alan Duncan & Melvyn Weeks, . "Non-Nested Models of Labour Supply with Discrete Choices," Discussion Papers 97/20, Department of Economics, University of York.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1989.
"A Method of Simulated Moments for Estimation of Discrete Response Models without Numerical Integration,"
Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 995-1026, September.
- Daniel McFadden, 1987. "A Method of Simulated Moments for Estimation of Discrete Response Models Without Numerical Integration," Working papers 464, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Bhat, Chandra R., 2003. "Simulation estimation of mixed discrete choice models using randomized and scrambled Halton sequences," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 837-855, November.
- repec:att:wimass:9217 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:att:wimass:8905 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pakes, Ariel & Pollard, David, 1989. "Simulation and the Asymptotics of Optimization Estimators," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 1027-57, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cam:camdae:0427. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Howard Cobb)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.