Skewness-kurtosis bounds for the skewed generalized T and related distributions
Bounds for the skewness kurtosis space corresponding to the skewed generalized T, skewed generalized error, skewed T, and some other distributions are presented and contrasted with the bounds reported by Klaassen et al.(2000) for unimodal probability density functions. The skewed generalized T and skewed generalized error distributions have the greatest flexibility of the distributions considered.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Statistics & Probability Letters, Volume 83, Issue 9, September 2013, Pages 2129â€“2134.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 130 Faculty Office Building, P.O. Box 22363, Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah 84602|
Phone: (801) 422-2859
Fax: (801) 422-0194
Web page: https://economics.byu.edu/Pages/MacroLab/Home.aspx
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McDonald, James B. & Newey, Whitney K., 1988. "Partially Adaptive Estimation of Regression Models via the Generalized T Distribution," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 428-457, December.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1994.
"Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 705-30, August.
- Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation," RCER Working Papers 322, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to replicate Hansen's GARCH models with time-varying t-densities," Statistical Software Components RTZ00086, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Christian Hansen & James B. McDonald & Whitney Newey, 2007.
"Instrumental variables estimation with flexible distribution,"
CeMMAP working papers
CWP21/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hansen, Christian & McDonald, James B. & Newey, Whitney K., 2010. "Instrumental Variables Estimation With Flexible Distributions," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 28(1), pages 13-25.
- Theodossiou, Panayiotis & McDonald, James B. & Hansen, Christian B., 2007.
"Some Flexible Parametric Models for Partially Adaptive Estimators of Econometric Models,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 1, pages 1-20.
- Theodossiou, Panayiotis & McDonald, James B. & Hansen, Christian B., 2007. "Some Flexible Parametric Models for Partially Adaptive Estimators of Econometric Models," Economics Discussion Papers 2007-13, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Panayiotis Theodossiou, 1998. "Financial Data and the Skewed Generalized T Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-1), pages 1650-1661, December.
- Klaassen, Chris A. J. & Mokveld, Philip J. & van Es, Bert, 2000. "Squared skewness minus kurtosis bounded by 186/125 for unimodal distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 131-135, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:byu:byumcl:201210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kerk Phillips)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.