Skewness-kurtosis bounds for the skewed generalized T and related distributions
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kerman, Sean C. & McDonald, James B., 2013. "Skewness–kurtosis bounds for the skewed generalized T and related distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(9), pages 2129-2134.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hansen, Christian & McDonald, James B. & Newey, Whitney K., 2010.
"Instrumental Variables Estimation With Flexible Distributions,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 28(1), pages 13-25.
- Christian Hansen & James B. McDonald & Whitney K. Newey, 2007. "Instrumental variables estimation with flexible distribution," CeMMAP working papers CWP21/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1994.
"Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 705-730, August.
- Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation," RCER Working Papers 322, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Hansen's GARCH models with time-varying t-densities," Statistical Software Components RTZ00086, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Panayiotis Theodossiou, 1998. "Financial Data and the Skewed Generalized T Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-1), pages 1650-1661, December.
- Theodossiou, Panayiotis & McDonald, James B. & Hansen, Christian B., 2007.
"Some Flexible Parametric Models for Partially Adaptive Estimators of Econometric Models,"
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal,
Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 1, pages 1-20.
- Theodossiou, Panayiotis & McDonald, James B. & Hansen, Christian B., 2007. "Some Flexible Parametric Models for Partially Adaptive Estimators of Econometric Models," Economics Discussion Papers 2007-13, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Klaassen, Chris A. J. & Mokveld, Philip J. & van Es, Bert, 2000. "Squared skewness minus kurtosis bounded by 186/125 for unimodal distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 131-135, November.
- McDonald, James B. & Newey, Whitney K., 1988. "Partially Adaptive Estimation of Regression Models via the Generalized T Distribution," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 428-457, December.
More about this item
KeywordsSkewed generalized T; Kurtosis; Skewness;
- C50 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:byu:byumcl:201210. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kerk Phillips). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/debyuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.