Skewness–kurtosis bounds for the skewed generalized T and related distributions
Bounds for the skewness–kurtosis space corresponding to the skewed generalized t, skewed generalized error, skewed t, and some other distributions are presented and contrasted with the bounds reported by Klaassen et al. (2000) for unimodal probability density functions. The skewed generalized T and skewed generalized error distributions have the greatest flexibility of the distributions considered.
Volume (Year): 83 (2013)
Issue (Month): 9 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description|
|Order Information:|| Postal: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/supportfaq.cws_home/regional|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hansen, Christian & McDonald, James B. & Newey, Whitney K., 2010.
"Instrumental Variables Estimation With Flexible Distributions,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 28(1), pages 13-25.
- Christian Hansen & James B. McDonald & Whitney Newey, 2007. "Instrumental variables estimation with flexible distribution," CeMMAP working papers CWP21/07, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Panayiotis Theodossiou, 1998. "Financial Data and the Skewed Generalized T Distribution," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(12-Part-1), pages 1650-1661, December.
- Klaassen, Chris A. J. & Mokveld, Philip J. & van Es, Bert, 2000. "Squared skewness minus kurtosis bounded by 186/125 for unimodal distributions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 131-135, November.
- Hansen, Bruce E, 1994.
"Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 35(3), pages 705-730, August.
- Hansen, B.E., 1992. "Autoregressive Conditional Density Estimation," RCER Working Papers 322, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS programs to replicate Hansen's GARCH models with time-varying t-densities," Statistical Software Components RTZ00086, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Theodossiou, Panayiotis & McDonald, James B. & Hansen, Christian B., 2007.
"Some Flexible Parametric Models for Partially Adaptive Estimators of Econometric Models,"
Economics Discussion Papers
2007-13, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Theodossiou, Panayiotis & McDonald, James B. & Hansen, Christian B., 2007. "Some Flexible Parametric Models for Partially Adaptive Estimators of Econometric Models," Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW), vol. 1, pages 1-20.
- McDonald, James B. & Newey, Whitney K., 1988. "Partially Adaptive Estimation of Regression Models via the Generalized T Distribution," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 428-457, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:stapro:v:83:y:2013:i:9:p:2129-2134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.