Mapping choice in the NHS: Analysis of routine data
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hugh Gravelle & Peter Smith & Ana Xavier, 2003. "Performance signals in the public sector: the case of health care," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 55(1), pages 81-103, January.
- Propper, Carol & Burgess, Simon & Green, Katherine, 2004. "Does competition between hospitals improve the quality of care?: Hospital death rates and the NHS internal market," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(7-8), pages 1247-1272, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Burgess, Simon & Propper, Carol & Wilson, Deborah, 2005.
"Extending Choice In English Health Care: The implications of the economic evidence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5328, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carol Propper & Deborah Wilson & Simon Burgess, 2005. "Extending Choice In English Health Care: The implications of the economic evidence," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 05/133, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Mark Dusheiko & Maria Goddard & Hugh Gravelle & Rowena Jacobs, 2006. "Trends in health care commissioning in the English NHS: an empirical analysis," Working Papers 011cherp, Centre for Health Economics, University of York.
- Helen Simpson, 2009. "Productivity In Public Services," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 250-276, April.
More about this item
KeywordsNHS choice; hospital care; travel to hospital;
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- I11 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Analysis of Health Care Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-03-28 (All new papers)
- NEP-CDM-2004-03-28 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-GEO-2004-03-28 (Economic Geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bri:cmpowp:04/095. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmbriuk.html .