A Stochastic Frontier Model with short-run and long-run inefficiency random effects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Malighetti & Gianmaria Martini & Stefano Paleari & Renato Redondi, 2007. "An Empirical Investigation on the Efficiency, Capacity and Ownership of Italian Airports," Working Papers 0703, Department of Economics and Technology Management, University of Bergamo.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Almas Heshmati, 1995. "Efficiency Measurement in Swedish Dairy Farms: An Application of Rotating Panel Data, 1976–88," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(3), pages 660-674.
- Berta, Paolo & Callea, Giuditta & Martini, Gianmaria & Vittadini, Giorgio, 2010.
"The effects of upcoding, cream skimming and readmissions on the Italian hospitals efficiency: A population-based investigation,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 812-821, July.
- Berta, P & Callea, G & Martini, G & Vittadini, G, 2009. "The effects of upcoding, cream skimming and readmissions on the Italian hospitals efficiency: a population–based investigation," MPRA Paper 17671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2016.
"Persistent and transient productive inefficiency: a maximum simulated likelihood approach,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 187-196, April.
- Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2016. "Persistent and transient productive inefficiency: a maximum simulated likelihood approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 187-196, April.
- Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2014. "Persistent and Transient Productive Inefficiency: A Maximum Simulated Likelihood Approach," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 14/197, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- repec:eee:econom:v:202:y:2018:i:2:p:161-177 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chen, Yi-Yi & Schmidt, Peter & Wang, Hung-Jen, 2014. "Consistent estimation of the fixed effects stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 181(2), pages 65-76.
- Glass, Anthony J. & Kenjegalieva, Karligash & Sickles, Robin C. & Weyman-Jones, Thomas, 2016. "The Spatial Efficiency Multiplier and Random Effects in Spatial Stochastic Frontier Models," Working Papers 16-002, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Lachaud, Michee & Bravo-Ureta, Boris & Ludena, Carlos, 2015. "Agricultural Productivity Growth in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC): An analysis of Climatic Effects, Convergence, and Catch-up," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211721, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Anatoly Peresetsky, 2013. "Cost efficiency of Kazakhstan and Russian banks: results from competing panel data models-super-1," Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 88-113, March.
- Belotti, Federico & Ilardi, Giuseppe, 2018.
"Consistent inference in fixed-effects stochastic frontier models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 202(2), pages 161-177.
- Federico Belotti & Giuseppe Ilardi, 2017. "Consistent inference in fixed-effects stochastic frontier models," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1147, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Gudbrand Lien & J. Hardaker, 2014.
"Technical efficiency in competing panel data models: a study of Norwegian grain farming,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 321-337, April.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Lien, Gudbrand D. & Hardaker, J. Brian, 2011. "Technical efficiency in competing panel data models: A study of Norwegian grain farming," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114673, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Roberto Colombi & Subal Kumbhakar & Gianmaria Martini & Giorgio Vittadini, 2014. "Closed-skew normality in stochastic frontiers with individual effects and long/short-run efficiency," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 123-136, October.
- Lachaud, Michee Arnold & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Ludena, Carlos E., 2015.
"Agricultural productivity growth in Latin America and the Caribbean and other world regions: An analysis of climatic effects, convergence and catch-up,"
40, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Michée Arnold Lachaud & Boris E. Bravo-Ureta & Carlos E. Ludeña, 2015. "Agricultural Productivity Growth in Latin America and the Caribbean and Other World Regions: An Analysis of Climatic Effects, Convergence and Catch-up," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 91036, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Makieła, Kamil, 2016. "Bayesian inference in generalized true random-effects model and Gibbs sampling," MPRA Paper 69389, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:606-616 is not listed on IDEAS
- William E. Griffiths & Gholamreza Hajargasht, 2015. "Welfare Consequences of Information Aggregation and Optimal Market Size," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1190, The University of Melbourne.
- Thomas Geissmann & Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2014. "Persistent and Transient Cost Efficiency – An Application to the Swiss Hydropower Sector," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/251, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- Kamil Makieła, 2017. "Bayesian Inference and Gibbs Sampling in Generalized True Random-Effects Models," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 9(1), pages 69-95, March.
- Griffiths, William E. & Hajargasht, Gholamreza, 2016. "Some models for stochastic frontiers with endogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 190(2), pages 341-348.
More about this item
KeywordsClosed-Skew Normal Distribution; Longitudinal Data Analysis; Mixed Models; Stochastic Frontiers;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2011-04-09 (Econometrics)
- NEP-EFF-2011-04-09 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-MIC-2011-04-09 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:brh:wpaper:1101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (University of Bergamo Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diberit.html .