A Stochastic Frontier Model with short-run and long-run inefficiency random effects
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paolo Malighetti & Gianmaria Martini & Stefano Paleari & Renato Redondi, 2007. "An Empirical Investigation on the Efficiency, Capacity and Ownership of Italian Airports," Working Papers 0703, Department of Economics and Technology Management, University of Bergamo.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Almas Heshmati, 1995. "Efficiency Measurement in Swedish Dairy Farms: An Application of Rotating Panel Data, 1976–88," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(3), pages 660-674.
- Berta, Paolo & Callea, Giuditta & Martini, Gianmaria & Vittadini, Giorgio, 2010.
"The effects of upcoding, cream skimming and readmissions on the Italian hospitals efficiency: A population-based investigation,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 812-821, July.
- Berta, P & Callea, G & Martini, G & Vittadini, G, 2009. "The effects of upcoding, cream skimming and readmissions on the Italian hospitals efficiency: a population–based investigation," MPRA Paper 17671, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2016.
"Persistent and transient productive inefficiency: a maximum simulated likelihood approach,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 187-196, April.
- Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2016. "Persistent and transient productive inefficiency: a maximum simulated likelihood approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 187-196, April.
- Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2014. "Persistent and Transient Productive Inefficiency: A Maximum Simulated Likelihood Approach," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 14/197, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- repec:eee:enepol:v:108:y:2017:i:c:p:606-616 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:econom:v:202:y:2018:i:2:p:161-177 is not listed on IDEAS
- Subal Kumbhakar & Gudbrand Lien & J. Hardaker, 2014.
"Technical efficiency in competing panel data models: a study of Norwegian grain farming,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis,
Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 321-337, April.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Lien, Gudbrand D. & Hardaker, J. Brian, 2011. "Technical efficiency in competing panel data models: A study of Norwegian grain farming," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114673, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Chen, Yi-Yi & Schmidt, Peter & Wang, Hung-Jen, 2014. "Consistent estimation of the fixed effects stochastic frontier model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 181(2), pages 65-76.
- Glass, Anthony J. & Kenjegalieva, Karligash & Sickles, Robin C. & Weyman-Jones, Thomas, 2016. "The Spatial Efficiency Multiplier and Random Effects in Spatial Stochastic Frontier Models," Working Papers 16-002, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Lachaud, Michee & Bravo-Ureta, Boris & Ludena, Carlos, 2015. "Agricultural Productivity Growth in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC): An analysis of Climatic Effects, Convergence, and Catch-up," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211721, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Subal Kumbhakar & Anatoly Peresetsky, 2013. "Cost efficiency of Kazakhstan and Russian banks: results from competing panel data models-super-1," Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(1), pages 88-113, March.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Christopher F. Parmeter & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2017.
"Stochastic Frontier Analysis: Foundations and Advances,"
2017-10, University of Miami, Department of Economics.
- Subal C. Kumbhakar & Christopher F. Parameter & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2018. "Stochastic Frontier Analysis: Foundations and Advances," CEPA Working Papers Series WP022018, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Belotti, Federico & Ilardi, Giuseppe, 2018.
"Consistent inference in fixed-effects stochastic frontier models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 202(2), pages 161-177.
- Federico Belotti & Giuseppe Ilardi, 2017. "Consistent inference in fixed-effects stochastic frontier models," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 1147, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- William E. Griffiths & Gholamreza Hajargasht, 2015. "Welfare Consequences of Information Aggregation and Optimal Market Size," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1190, The University of Melbourne.
- Roberto Colombi & Subal Kumbhakar & Gianmaria Martini & Giorgio Vittadini, 2014. "Closed-skew normality in stochastic frontiers with individual effects and long/short-run efficiency," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 123-136, October.
- Thomas Geissmann & Massimo Filippini & William Greene, 2014. "Persistent and Transient Cost Efficiency – An Application to the Swiss Hydropower Sector," CER-ETH Economics working paper series 16/251, CER-ETH - Center of Economic Research (CER-ETH) at ETH Zurich.
- repec:kap:jproda:v:49:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11123-017-0522-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kamil Makieła, 2017. "Bayesian Inference and Gibbs Sampling in Generalized True Random-Effects Models," Central European Journal of Economic Modelling and Econometrics, CEJEME, vol. 9(1), pages 69-95, March.
- Lachaud, Michee Arnold & Bravo-Ureta, Boris E. & Ludena, Carlos E., 2015.
"Agricultural productivity growth in Latin America and the Caribbean and other world regions: An analysis of climatic effects, convergence and catch-up,"
40, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- Michée Arnold Lachaud & Boris E. Bravo-Ureta & Carlos E. Ludeña, 2015. "Agricultural Productivity Growth in Latin America and the Caribbean and Other World Regions: An Analysis of Climatic Effects, Convergence and Catch-up," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 91036, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Griffiths, William E. & Hajargasht, Gholamreza, 2016. "Some models for stochastic frontiers with endogeneity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 190(2), pages 341-348.
- Makieła, Kamil, 2016. "Bayesian inference in generalized true random-effects model and Gibbs sampling," MPRA Paper 69389, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsClosed-Skew Normal Distribution; Longitudinal Data Analysis; Mixed Models; Stochastic Frontiers;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-04-09 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2011-04-09 (Econometrics)
- NEP-EFF-2011-04-09 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-MIC-2011-04-09 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:brh:wpaper:1101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (University of Bergamo Library). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/diberit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.