Forecasting Daily Residential Natural Gas Consumption: A Dynamic Temperature Modelling Approach
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Crompton, Paul & Wu, Yanrui, 2005.
"Energy consumption in China: past trends and future directions,"
Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 195-208, January.
- Paul Crompton & Yanrui Wu, 2004. "Energy Consumption in China: Past Trends and Future Directions," Economics Discussion / Working Papers 04-22, The University of Western Australia, Department of Economics.
- Ediger, Volkan S. & Akar, Sertac, 2007. "ARIMA forecasting of primary energy demand by fuel in Turkey," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 1701-1708, March.
- Liu, Lon-Mu & Lin, Maw-Wen, 1991. "Forecasting residential consumption of natural gas using monthly and quarterly time series," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 3-16, May.
- Erdogdu, Erkan, 2010. "Natural gas demand in Turkey," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 211-219, January.
- Potocnik, Primoz & Thaler, Marko & Govekar, Edvard & Grabec, Igor & Poredos, Alojz, 2007. "Forecasting risks of natural gas consumption in Slovenia," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 4271-4282, August.
- Peter Alaton & Boualem Djehiche & David Stillberger, 2002. "On modelling and pricing weather derivatives," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 1-20.
- Ahmet GÖNCÜ & Mehmet Oguz KARAHAN & Tolga Umut KUZUBAŞ, 2011. "Pricing of temperature-based weather options for Turkey," Iktisat Isletme ve Finans, Bilgesel Yayincilik, vol. 26(309), pages 33-50.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Spoladore, Alessandro & Borelli, Davide & Devia, Francesco & Mora, Flavio & Schenone, Corrado, 2016. "Model for forecasting residential heat demand based on natural gas consumption and energy performance indicators," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 182(C), pages 488-499.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ahmet Goncu & Mehmet Oguz Karahan & Tolga Umut Kuzubas, 2019. "Forecasting Daily Residential Natural Gas Consumption: A Dynamic Temperature Modelling Approach," Bogazici Journal, Review of Social, Economic and Administrative Studies, Bogazici University, Department of Economics, vol. 33(1), pages 1-22.
- Serli Kiremitciyan & Ahmet Goncu & Tolga Umut Kuzubas, 2014. "A Comparison of Stochastic Models of Natural Gas Consumption," Working Papers 2014/10, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Jean Gaston Tamba & Salomé Ndjakomo Essiane & Emmanuel Flavian Sapnken & Francis Djanna Koffi & Jean Luc Nsouandélé & Bozidar Soldo & Donatien Njomo, 2018. "Forecasting Natural Gas: A Literature Survey," International Journal of Energy Economics and Policy, Econjournals, vol. 8(3), pages 216-249.
- Suganthi, L. & Samuel, Anand A., 2012. "Energy models for demand forecasting—A review," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 1223-1240.
- Debnath, Kumar Biswajit & Mourshed, Monjur, 2018. "Forecasting methods in energy planning models," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 297-325.
- Gholami, M. & Barbaresi, A. & Torreggiani, D. & Tassinari, P., 2020. "Upscaling of spatial energy planning, phases, methods, and techniques: A systematic review through meta-analysis," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 132(C).
- Xu, Weijun & Gu, Ren & Liu, Youzhu & Dai, Yongwu, 2015. "Forecasting energy consumption using a new GM–ARMA model based on HP filter: The case of Guangdong Province of China," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 127-135.
- Syed Aziz Ur Rehman & Yanpeng Cai & Rizwan Fazal & Gordhan Das Walasai & Nayyar Hussain Mirjat, 2017. "An Integrated Modeling Approach for Forecasting Long-Term Energy Demand in Pakistan," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-23, November.
- Soldo, Božidar, 2012. "Forecasting natural gas consumption," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 26-37.
- Ravnik, J. & Hriberšek, M., 2019. "A method for natural gas forecasting and preliminary allocation based on unique standard natural gas consumption profiles," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 180(C), pages 149-162.
- Potočnik, Primož & Soldo, Božidar & Šimunović, Goran & Šarić, Tomislav & Jeromen, Andrej & Govekar, Edvard, 2014. "Comparison of static and adaptive models for short-term residential natural gas forecasting in Croatia," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 129(C), pages 94-103.
- Cheng, Fangzheng & Li, Tian & Wei, Yi-ming & Fan, Tijun, 2019. "The VEC-NAR model for short-term forecasting of oil prices," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 656-667.
- Shafiee, Shahriar & Topal, Erkan, 2008. "An econometrics view of worldwide fossil fuel consumption and the role of US," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 775-786, February.
- Fan, Jie & Wang, Qiang & Sun, Wei, 2015. "The failure of China׳s Energy Development Strategy 2050 and its impact on carbon emissions," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 1160-1170.
- Yukseltan, Ergun & Yucekaya, Ahmet & Bilge, Ayse Humeyra & Agca Aktunc, Esra, 2021. "Forecasting models for daily natural gas consumption considering periodic variations and demand segregation," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 74(C).
- Kaytez, Fazil, 2020. "A hybrid approach based on autoregressive integrated moving average and least-square support vector machine for long-term forecasting of net electricity consumption," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 197(C).
- M. Brabec & O. Kon�r & M. Malý & I. Kasanický & E. Pelik�n, 2015. "Statistical models for disaggregation and reaggregation of natural gas consumption data," Journal of Applied Statistics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(5), pages 921-937, May.
- Murat Yalçıntaş & Melih Bulu & Murat Küçükvar & Hamidreza Samadi, 2015. "A Framework for Sustainable Urban Water Management through Demand and Supply Forecasting: The Case of Istanbul," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 7(8), pages 1-18, August.
- Yu, Lean & Zhao, Yaqing & Tang, Ling & Yang, Zebin, 2019. "Online big data-driven oil consumption forecasting with Google trends," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 213-223.
- Ergun Yukseltan & Ahmet Yucekaya & Ayse Humeyra Bilge & Esra Agca Aktunc, 2020. "Forecasting Models for Daily Natural Gas Consumption Considering Periodic Variations and Demand Segregation," Papers 2003.13385, arXiv.org.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bou:wpaper:2013/11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deboutr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Lutfu Gozgucu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/deboutr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.