A Dynamic Incentive-Based Argument for Conditional Transfers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dilip Mookherjee & Debraj Ray, 2008. "A Dynamic Incentive-Based Argument for Conditional Transfers," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 84(s1), pages 2-16, September.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ljungqvist, Lars, 1993.
"Economic underdevelopment : The case of a missing market for human capital,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, pages 219-239.
- Ljungqvist, L., 1990. "Economic Underdevelopment: The Case Of A Missing Market For Human Capital," Working papers 90-20, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Behrman, Jere R & Sengupta, Piyali & Todd, Petra, 2005. "Progressing through PROGRESA: An Impact Assessment of a School Subsidy Experiment in Rural Mexico," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(1), pages 237-275, October.
- Mookherjee, Dilip & Napel, Stefan, 2007.
"Intergenerational mobility and macroeconomic history dependence,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 49-78, November.
- Dilip Mokherjee & Stefan Napel, 2006. "Intergenerational Mobility and Macroeconomic History Dependence," Discussion Papers 1, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Marianne Bertrand & Sendhil Mullainathan & Eldar Shafir, 2004. "A Behavioral-Economics View of Poverty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 419-423.
- Banerjee, Abhijit Vinayak & Benabou, Roland & Mookherjee, Dilip (ed.), 2006. "Understanding Poverty," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195305203.
- Freeman, Scott, 1996. "Equilibrium Income Inequality among Identical Agents," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(5), pages 1047-1064, October.
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Parker, Susan W., 2001.
"Conditional cash transfers and their impact on child work and schooling,"
123, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Skoufias, Emmanuel & Parker, Susan W., 2001. "Conditional cash transfers and their impact on child work and schooling," FCND discussion papers 123, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Galasso, Emanuela & Ravallion, Martin, 2005. "Decentralized targeting of an antipoverty program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, pages 705-727.
- Thurow, Lester C, 1974. "Cash Versus In-Kind Transfers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 190-195.
- Debraj Ray, 2006.
"On the dynamics of inequality,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), pages 291-306.
- Ghirardato, Paolo, 1996. "Coping With Ignorance: Unforeseen Contingencies and Non-Additive Uncertainty," Working Papers 945, California Institute of Technology, Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences.
- Dilip Mookherjee & Debraj Ray, 2003.
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 70(2), pages 369-393.
- Dilip Mookherjee & Debraj Ray, 2000. "Persistent Inequality," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-108, Boston University - Department of Economics, revised Oct 2002.
- Mookherjee, Dilip & Ray, Debraj, 2002. "Persistent Inequality," Discussion Paper 57, Center for Intergenerational Studies, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schneider, Andrea, 2010. "Redistributive taxation vs. education subsidies: Fostering equality and social mobility in an intergenerational model," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 597-605, August.
- Joshi, Shareen & Sivaram, Anusuya, 2014. "Does it Pay to Deliver? An Evaluation of India’s Safe Motherhood Program," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 434-447.
- Dilip Mookherjee & Silvia Prina & Debraj Ray, 2010.
"A Theory Of Endogenous Fertility With Occupational Choice,"
Boston University - Department of Economics - Working Papers Series
WP2010-036, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Marcello D'Amato & Dilip Mookherjee, 2012. "Educational Signaling, Credit Constraints and Inequality Dynamics," CSEF Working Papers 311, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bos:iedwpr:dp-170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Program Coordinator). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/decbuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.