Family Income Mobility -- How Much Is There and Has It Changed?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mary Jo Bane & David T. Ellwood, 1986. "Slipping into and out of Poverty: The Dynamics of Spells," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 21(1), pages 1-23.
- Duncan, Greg J & Gustafsson, Bjorn & Hauser, Richard & Schmauss, Gunther & Messinger, Hans & Muffels, Ruud & Nolan, Brian, 1993. "Poverty Dynamics in Eight Countries," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 6(3), pages 215-234.
- W. Michael Cox & Richard Alm, 1995. "By our own bootstraps: economic opportunity and the dynamics of income distribution," Annual Report, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, pages 2-24.
- Aaberge, Rolf, et al, 2002.
"Income Inequality and Income Mobility in the Scandinavian Countries Compared to the United States,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(4), pages 443-469, December.
- Aaberge, Rolf & Björklund, Anders & Jäntti, Markus & Palme, Mårten & Pedersen, Peder & Smith, Nina & Wennemo, Tom, 1996. "Income Inequality and Income Mobility in the Scandinavian Countries Compared to the United States," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 98, Stockholm School of Economics, revised Aug 2002.
- Rolf Aaberge & Anders Björklund & Markus Jäntti & Mårten Palme & Peder J. Pedersen & Nina Smith & Tom Wennemo, 1996. "Income Inequality and Income Mobility in the Scandinavian Countries Compared to the United States," Discussion Papers 168, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Gottschalk, Peter & Danziger, Sheldon, 1985. "A Framework for Evaluating the Effects of Economic Growth and Transfers on Poverty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, pages 153-161.
- Peter Gottschalk, 1997. "Inequality, Income Growth, and Mobility: The Basic Facts," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(2), pages 21-40, Spring.
- Peter Gottschalk & Timothy M. Smeeding, 1997. "Cross-National Comparisons of Earnings and Income Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, pages 633-687.
- Peter Gottschalk & Robert Moffitt, 1994. "The Growth of Earnings Instability in the U.S. Labor Market," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 25(2), pages 217-272.
- Robert Moffitt & Peter Gottschalk, 2011. "Trends in the covariance structure of earnings in the U.S.: 1969–1987," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 9(3), pages 439-459, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Giovanni Olivei & Silvana Tenreyro, 2007.
"The Timing of Monetary Policy Shocks,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, pages 636-663.
- Giovanni P. Olivei & Silvana Tenreyro, 2004. "The timing of monetary policy shocks," Working Papers 04-1, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Olivei, Giovanni & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2006. "The timing of monetary policy shocks," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3742, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Giovanni Olivei & Silvana Tenreyro, 2006. "The Timing of Monetary Policy Shocks," CEP Discussion Papers dp0725, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Olivei, Giovanni & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2006. "The Timing of Monetary Policy Shocks," CEPR Discussion Papers 5716, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- R. Bénabou & E. Ok, 2000.
"Mobility as Progressivity: Ranking Income Processes According to Equality of Opportunity,"
Princeton Economic Theory Papers
00f1, Economics Department, Princeton University.
- Roland Benabou & Efe A. Ok, 2001. "Mobility as Progressivity: Ranking Income Processes According to Equality of Opportunity," NBER Working Papers 8431, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Benabou, R. & Ok, E.A., 2000. "Mobility as Progressivity: Ranking Income Processes According to Equality of Opportunity," Papers 211, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Roland Benabou & Efe A. Ok, 2000. "Mobility as Progressivity: Ranking Income Processes According to Equality of Opportunity," Working Papers 150, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Discussion Papers in Economics.
- Maribel Jimenez & Monica Jimenez, 2009. "La Movilidad Intergeneracional del Ingreso: Evidencia para Argentina," CEDLAS, Working Papers 0084, CEDLAS, Universidad Nacional de La Plata.
- Helen Connolly & Peter Gottschalk & Katherine Newman, 2003. "Wage Trajectories of Workers in Poor Households," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 555, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 25 Jul 2005.
- Luis Ayala & Mercedes Sastre, 2008. "The structure of income mobility: empirical evidence from five UE countries," Empirical Economics, Springer, pages 451-473.
- Mary A. Burke & Tim R. Sass, 2013.
"Classroom Peer Effects and Student Achievement,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(1), pages 51-82.
- Katharine L. Bradbury & Jane Katz, 2004. "Wives' work and family income mobility," Public Policy Discussion Paper 04-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Mary A. Burke & Tim R. Sass, 2008. "Classroom peer effects and student achievement," Working Papers 08-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Mary A. Burke & Tim R. Sass, 2006. "Classroom Peer Effects and Student Achievement," Working Papers wp2006_02_02, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- R. D. Plotnick & E. Smolensky & E. Evenhouse & S. Reilly, "undated". "The Twentieth Century Record of Inequality and Poverty in the United States," Institute for Research on Poverty Discussion Papers 1166-98, University of Wisconsin Institute for Research on Poverty.
- repec:pri:wwseco:dp211 is not listed on IDEAS
- Luis Ayala & Mercedes Sastre, 2002. "La medición de la movilidad de ingresos: enfoques e indicadores," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 162(3), pages 101-131, September.
- Robert J. Gordon & Ian Dew-Becker, 2008.
"Controversies about the Rise of American Inequality: A Survey,"
NBER Working Papers
13982, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dew-Becker, Ian & Gordon, Robert J, 2008. "Controversies about the Rise in American Inequality: A Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 6817, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luis Ayala & Mercedes Sastre, 2004.
"Europe vs. the United States: is there a trade-off between mobility and inequality?,"
Journal of Income Distribution,
Journal of Income Distribution, pages 4-4.
- Ayala, L. & Sastre, M., 2002. "Europe vs. The United States: Is There a Trade-Off Between Mobility and Inequality?," European Economy Group Working Papers 19, European Economy Group.
- Sastre, Mercedes & Ayala, Luis, 2002. "Europe vs. the United States: is there a trade-off between mobility and inequality?," ISER Working Paper Series 2002-26, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Douglas J. Besharov & Jeffrey S. Morrow, 2007. "Nonpoor children in head start: Explanations and implications," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(3), pages 613-631.
- Lawrence F. Katz, 1998. "Commentary : the distribution of income in industrialized countries," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 33-48.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:boc:bocoec:398. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/debocus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.