Antecedents of employee electricity saving behavior in organizations: An empirical study based on norm activation model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Zhang, Yixiang & Wang, Zhaohua & Zhou, Guanghui, 2013. "Antecedents of employee electricity saving behavior in organizations: An empirical study based on norm activation model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 1120-1127.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dianshu, Feng & Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Minh Vu, Khuong, 2010. "The barriers to energy efficiency in China: Assessing household electricity savings and consumer behavior in Liaoning Province," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 1202-1209, February.
- Barr, Stewart & Gilg, Andrew W & Ford, Nicholas, 2005. "The household energy gap: examining the divide between habitual- and purchase-related conservation behaviours," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(11), pages 1425-1444, July.
- Banfi, Silvia & Farsi, Mehdi & Filippini, Massimo & Jakob, Martin, 2008.
"Willingness to pay for energy-saving measures in residential buildings,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 503-516, March.
- Silvia Banfi & Mehdi Farsi & Massimo Filippini & Martin Jakob, 2005. "Willingness to Pay for Energy-Saving Measures in Residential Buildings," CEPE Working paper series 05-41, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Abrahamse, Wokje & Steg, Linda, 2009. "How do socio-demographic and psychological factors relate to households' direct and indirect energy use and savings?," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 711-720, October.
- Tenenhaus, Michel & Vinzi, Vincenzo Esposito & Chatelin, Yves-Marie & Lauro, Carlo, 2005. "PLS path modeling," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 159-205, January.
- Gyberg, Per & Palm, Jenny, 2009. "Influencing households' energy behaviour--how is this done and on what premises?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2807-2813, July.
- Thøgersen, John & Grønhøj, Alice, 2010. "Electricity saving in households--A social cognitive approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(12), pages 7732-7743, December.
- Hansla, Andre & Gamble, Amelie & Juliusson, Asgeir & Garling, Tommy, 2008. "Psychological determinants of attitude towards and willingness to pay for green electricity," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 768-774, February.
- Kwak, So-Yoon & Yoo, Seung-Hoon & Kwak, Seung-Jun, 2010. "Valuing energy-saving measures in residential buildings: A choice experiment study," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 673-677, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peidong Sang & Haona Yao & Lin Zhang & Sen Wang & Yanjie Wang & Jinjian Liu, 2020. "Influencing factors of consumers’ willingness to purchase green housing: a survey from Shandong Province, China," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 22(5), pages 4267-4287, June.
- Paillé, Pascal & Raineri, Nicolas, 2015. "Linking perceived corporate environmental policies and employees eco-initiatives: The influence of perceived organizational support and psychological contract breach," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(11), pages 2404-2411.
- Dong, Xiaoyang & Zhang, Bin & Wang, Bo & Wang, Zhaohua, 2020. "Urban households’ purchase intentions for pure electric vehicles under subsidy contexts in China: Do cost factors matter?," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 135(C), pages 183-197.
- Sunmi Yun & Taeuk Kim, 2019. "What Do Coffee Shop Entrepreneurs Need to Do to Raise Pro-Environmental Customer Behavioral Intentions?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(9), pages 1-19, May.
- Faiq Aziz & Nomahaza Mahadi & Rahayu Tasnim & Adriana Mohd Rizal & Shathees Baskaran & Suzilawati Kamarudin & Farzana Quoquab & Jihad Mohammad, 2018. "Linking Emotional Intelligence with Employee ProEnvironmental Behavior," International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Business and Social Sciences, vol. 8(2), pages 502-522, February.
- Lingjun Guo & Yi Xu & Guangfu Liu & Tao Wang, 2019. "Understanding Firm Performance on Green Sustainable Practices through Managers’ Ascribed Responsibility and Waste Management: Green Self-Efficacy as Moderator," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-16, September.
- Anupam Kumar Das & Shetu Ranjan Biswas & Munshi Muhammad Abdul Kader Jilani & Md. Aftab Uddin, 2019. "Corporate Environmental Strategy and Voluntary Environmental Behavior—Mediating Effect of Psychological Green Climate," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(11), pages 1-17, June.
- Han, Heesup & Hyun, Sunghyup Sean, 2018. "What influences water conservation and towel reuse practices of hotel guests?," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 64(C), pages 87-97.
- Wei-Ta Fang & Yi-Te Chiang & Eric Ng & Jen-Chieh Lo, 2019. "Using the Norm Activation Model to Predict the Pro-Environmental Behaviors of Public Servants at the Central and Local Governments in Taiwan," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(13), pages 1-20, July.
- Verma, Vivek Kumar & Chandra, Bibhas & Kumar, Sumit, 2019. "Values and ascribed responsibility to predict consumers' attitude and concern towards green hotel visit intention," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 96(C), pages 206-216.
- Li-Min Chuang & Pi-Ching Chen & Yen-Yu Chen, 2018. "The Determinant Factors of Travelers’ Choices for Pro-Environment Behavioral Intention-Integration Theory of Planned Behavior, Unified Theory of Acceptance, and Use of Technology 2 and Sustainability ," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(6), pages 1-26, June.
- Karim Khan & Anwar Shah & Jaffar Khan, 2016. "Electricity Consumption Patterns: Comparative Evidence from Pakistan’s Public and Private Sectors," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 21(1), pages 99-122, Jan-June.
- Yang Chen, 2020. "An Investigation of the Influencing Factors of Chinese WeChat Users’ Environmental Information-Sharing Behavior Based on an Integrated Model of UGT, NAM, and TPB," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(7), pages 1-19, March.
- Faiq Aziz* & Nomahaza Mahadi & Jihad Mohammad, 2018. "Employee Pro-Environmental Behaviour: A Systematic Review and Suggestions for Future Research," The Journal of Social Sciences Research, Academic Research Publishing Group, pages 272-280:2.
- Ozawa-Meida, Leticia & Wilson, Caroline & Fleming, Paul & Stuart, Graeme & Holland, Carl, 2017. "Institutional, social and individual behavioural effects of energy feedback in public buildings across eleven European cities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 110(C), pages 222-233.
- Wang, Bo & Wang, Xiaomeng & Guo, Dongxue & Zhang, Bin & Wang, Zhaohua, 2018. "Analysis of factors influencing residents’ habitual energy-saving behaviour based on NAM and TPB models: Egoism or altruism?," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 68-77.
- Nieves García-de-Frutos & José Manuel Ortega-Egea & Javier Martínez-del-Río, 2018. "Anti-consumption for Environmental Sustainability: Conceptualization, Review, and Multilevel Research Directions," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 148(2), pages 411-435, March.
- Akvile Cibinskiene & Daiva Dumciuviene & Meda Andrijauskiene, 2020. "Energy Consumption in Public Buildings: The Determinants of Occupants’ Behavior," Energies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(14), pages 1-23, July.
- Khosrowpour, Ardalan & Jain, Rishee K. & Taylor, John E. & Peschiera, Gabriel & Chen, Jiayu & Gulbinas, Rimas, 2018. "A review of occupant energy feedback research: Opportunities for methodological fusion at the intersection of experimentation, analytics, surveys and simulation," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 218(C), pages 304-316.
- Zierler, Rupert & Wehrmeyer, Walter & Murphy, Richard, 2017. "The energy efficiency behaviour of individuals in large organisations: A case study of a major UK infrastructure operator," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 38-49.
- Guo, Zhifeng & Zhou, Kaile & Zhang, Chi & Lu, Xinhui & Chen, Wen & Yang, Shanlin, 2018. "Residential electricity consumption behavior: Influencing factors, related theories and intervention strategies," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 81(P1), pages 399-412.
- Zhang, Yixiang & Wei, Yimin & Zhou, Guanghui, 2018. "Promoting firms’ energy-saving behavior: The role of institutional pressures, top management support and financial slack," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 230-238.
- Han, Heesup, 2015. "Travelers' pro-environmental behavior in a green lodging context: Converging value-belief-norm theory and the theory of planned behavior," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 164-177.
- Mohammad Dalvi-Esfahani & Hamed Shahbazi & Mehrbakhsh Nilashi, 2019. "Moderating Effects of Demographics on Green Information System Adoption," International Journal of Innovation and Technology Management (IJITM), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(01), pages 1-24, February.
More about this item
KeywordsNorm activation model; organizational electricity saving climate; electricity saving behavior;
- Q40 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - General
- C83 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Survey Methods; Sampling Methods
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:biw:wpaper:25. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhi-Fu Mi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cebitcn.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.