The Tax-Foundation Theory of Fiat Money
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Lotz, Sebastien & Rocheteau, Guillaume, 2002. "On the Launching of a New Currency," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(3), pages 563-588, August.
- Smith, Bruce D, 1985. "Some Colonial Evidence on Two Theories of Money: Maryland and the Carolinas," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(6), pages 1178-1211, December.
- Gabriele Camera & Charles Noussair & Steven Tucker, 2003.
"Rate-of-return dominance and efficiency in an experimental economy,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 22(3), pages 629-660, October.
- Camera, G. & Noussair, C. & Tucker, S., 2000. "Rate-of-Return Dominance and Efficiency in an Experimental Economy," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1135, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Shouyong Shi, 2005. "Nominal Bonds And Interest Rates," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 46(2), pages 579-612, May.
- Aiyagari, S. Rao & Wallace, Neil, 1997.
"Government Transaction Policy, the Medium of Exchange, and Welfare,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 1-18, May.
- S. Rao Aiyagari & Neil Wallace, 1995. "Government transaction policy, the medium of exchange, and welfare," Working Papers 516, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2005.
"A Unified Framework for Monetary Theory and Policy Analysis,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(3), pages 463-484, June.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2002. "A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis," Working Paper 0211, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Ricardo Lagos & Randall Wright, 2004. "A unified framework for monetary theory and policy analysis," Staff Report 346, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Trejos, Alberto & Wright, Randall, 1995. "Search, Bargaining, Money, and Prices," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 118-141, February.
- Bruno, Michael, 1993. "Crisis, Stabilization, and Economic Reform: Therapy by Consensus," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198286639.
- Goldberg, Dror, 2009. "The Massachusetts Paper Money of 1690," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 69(04), pages 1092-1106, December.
- Ross M. Starr, 2003. "Why is there money? Endogenous derivation of `money' as the most liquid asset: a class of examples," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 21(2), pages 455-474, March.
- George Selgin, 2003. "Adaptive Learning and the Transition to Fiat Money," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(484), pages 147-165, January.
- Pradeep Dubey & John Geanakoplos, 2003. "Inside and outside fiat money, gains to trade, and IS-LM," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 21(2), pages 347-397, March.
- Klein, Benjamin, 1974. "The Competitive Supply of Money," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 6(4), pages 423-453, November.
- Starr, Ross M, 1974. "The Price of Money in a Pure Exchange Monetary Economy with Taxation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(1), pages 45-54, January.
- Stephen Williamson, 2004. "Limited participation, private money, and credit in a spatial model of money," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 24(4), pages 857-875, November.
- Charalambos D Aliprantis & Gabriele Camera & Daniela Puzzello, 2007. "Contagion Equilibria in a Monetary Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(1), pages 277-282, January.
- Goodhart, Charles A. E., 1998. "The two concepts of money: implications for the analysis of optimal currency areas," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 407-432, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Starr, Ross M., 2008. "Commodity Money in a Convex Trading Post Sequence Economy," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt2s87k9cj, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Gabriele Camera, 2016. "A Perspective on Electronic Alternatives to Traditional Currencies," Working Papers 16-32, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Diarmid Weir, 2013. "Fiat Money, Individual Rationality and Production," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(4), pages 573-590, November.
- C. A. E. Goodhart, 2009. "The Continuing Muddles of Monetary Theory: A Steadfast Refusal to Face Facts," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 76(s1), pages 821-830, October.
- Starr, Ross M., 2007. "Equilibrium and Media of Exchange in a Convex Trading Post Economy With Transaction Costs," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt3wx6s4z8, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Mack Ott & John A. Tatom, 2016. "Government Finance and the Demand for Money—The Relation between Taxation and the Acceptability of Fiat Money," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 45(1), pages 53-77, February.
More about this item
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ACC-2010-03-20 (Accounting & Auditing)
- NEP-ALL-2010-03-20 (All new papers)
- NEP-MAC-2010-03-20 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2010-03-20 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:biu:wpaper:2009-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Department of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/debaril.html .