Commodity Money in a Convex Trading Post Sequence Economy
General equilibrium is investigated with N commodities deliverable at T dates traded spot and futures at Â½ N 2T 3 dated commodity-pairwise trading posts. Trade is a resource-using activity recovering transaction costs through the spread between (bid) wholesale) and ask (retail) prices (pairwise rates of exchange). Budget constraints are enforced at each trading post separately implying demand for a carrier of value between trading posts and over time, commodity money (spot or futures). Trade in media of exchange and stores of value is the difference between gross and net inter-post trades. â€œDemand for â€˜moneyâ€™â€ is stocks held for retrade.
|Date of creation:||19 Aug 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 9500 Gilman Drive, La Jolla, CA 92093-0508|
Phone: (858) 534-3383
Fax: (858) 534-7040
Web page: http://www.escholarship.org/repec/ucsdecon/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dror Goldberg, 2012.
"The tax-foundation theory of fiat money,"
Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 50(2), pages 489-497, June.
- Starr, Ross M., 2008. "Mengerian Saleableness and Commodity Money in a Walrasian Trading Post Example," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt92k1n9mn, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1989. "On Money as a Medium of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 927-954, August.
- Hahn, F H, 1971. "Equilibrium with Transaction Costs," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 39(3), pages 417-439, May.
- Foley, Duncan K., 1970. "Economic equilibrium with costly marketing," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 276-291, September.
- Starr, Ross M., 2008. "Mengerian saleableness and commodity money in a Walrasian trading post example," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 35-38, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cdl:ucsdec:qt2s87k9cj. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lisa Schiff)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.