Why is there money? Endogenous derivation of `money' as the most liquid asset: a class of examples
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Starr, Ross M., 2008. "Commodity money equilibrium in a convex trading post economy with transaction costs," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(12), pages 1413-1427, December.
- Kurt Kratena, 2015. "Thematic report: Macroeconomic models including specifically social and environmental aspects," WWWforEurope Deliverables series 8, WWWforEurope.
- repec:feu:wfeppr:y:2014:m:11:d:0:i:18 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wfo:wstudy:57883 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael B. Devereux & Shouyong Shi, 2013.
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 54(1), pages 97-133, February.
- Michael B. Devereux & Shouyong Shi, 2008. "Vehicle Currency," Working Papers tecipa-315, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Devereux, Michael B. & Shi, Shouyong, 2008. "Vehicle currency," Globalization and Monetary Policy Institute Working Paper 10, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Naqvi, Syed Ali Asjad, 2015.
"Modeling Growth, Distribution, and the Environment in a Stock-Flow Consistent Framework,"
Ecological Economic Papers
4468, WU Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Asjad Naqvi, 2015. "Modeling Growth, Distribution, and the Environment in a Stock-Flow Consistent Framework," Ecological Economics Papers ieep2, Institute of Ecological Economics.
- Asjad Naqvi, 2015. "Modeling Growth, Distribution, and the Environment in a Stock-Flow Consistent Framework," WWWforEurope Policy Paper series 18, WWWforEurope.
- Zeira, Joseph, 2005. "Money and the Size of Transactions," CEPR Discussion Papers 5010, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dror Goldberg, 2012. "The tax-foundation theory of fiat money," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 50(2), pages 489-497, June.
- Rajeev, Meenakshi, 2012. "Search cost, trading strategies and optimal market structure," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 1757-1765.
- Ross M. Starr, 2012. "Why is there Money?," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 13763.
More about this item
KeywordsKeywords and Phrases: Commodity money; Fiat money; Transaction cost; Scale economy; Double coincidence of wants.; JEL Classification Numbers: E40; D50.;
- E40 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:21:y:2003:i:2:p:455-474. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.