Optimal Portfolio Allocation under Asset and Surplus VaR Constraints
In this paper we propose an approach to Asset Liability Management of various institutions, in particular insurance companies, based on a dual VaR constraint for the asset and the surplus. A key ingredient of this approach is a flexible modelling of the term structure of interest rates leading to an explicit formula for the returns of bonds. VaR constraints on the asset and on the surplus also take tractable forms, and graphical illustrations of the impact and of the sensitivity of these constraints are easily explicited in terms of various parameters: share of stocks, duration and convexity of the bonds on the asset and liability sides, expected return and volatility of the asset...
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Banque de France 31 Rue Croix des Petits Champs LABOLOG - 49-1404 75049 PARIS|
Web page: http://www.banque-france.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aghion, Philippe & Askenazy, Philippe & Bourlès, Renaud & Cette, Gilbert & Dromel, Nicolas, 2009.
"Education, market rigidities and growth,"
Elsevier, vol. 102(1), pages 62-65, January.
- Aghion, Philippe & Askenazy, Philippe & Bourlès, Renaud & Cette, Gilbert & Dromel, Nicolas, 2007. "Education, Market Rigidities and Growth," IZA Discussion Papers 3166, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Aghion, Ph. & Askenazy, Ph. & Bourlès, R. & Cette, G. & Dromel, N., 2009. "Education, Market Rigidities and Growth," Working papers 229, Banque de France.
- Philippe Aghion & Philippe Askenazy & Renaud Bourlès & Gilbert Cette & Nicolas Dromel, 2009. "Education, Market Rigidities and Growth," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00640855, HAL.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5490 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sanvi Avouyi-Dovi & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2009. "Comportement du banquier central en environnement incertain," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 119(1), pages 119-142.
- Jean-Guillaume Sahuc & Sanvi Avouyi-Dovi, 2007. "Comportement du banquier central en environnement incertain," Documents de recherche 07-05, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Avouyi-Dovi, S. & Sahuc, J-G., 2009. "Comportement du banquier central en environnement incertain," Working papers 241, Banque de France.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30752414 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/11161 is not listed on IDEAS
- Olivier Darné & Laurent Ferrara, 2011. "Identification of Slowdowns and Accelerations for the Euro Area Economy," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 73(3), pages 335-364, 06.
- Darné, Olivier & Ferrara, Laurent, 2009. "Identification of slowdowns and accelerations for the euro area economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 7376, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Darné, O. & Ferrara, L., 2009. "Identification of slowdowns and accelerations for the euro area economy," Working papers 239, Banque de France.
- Avouyi-Dovi, S. & Bardos, M. & Jardet, C. & Kendaoui, L. & Moquet , J., 2009. "Macro stress testing with a macroeconomic credit risk model: Application to the French manufacturing sector," Working papers 238, Banque de France. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bfr:banfra:251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael brassart)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.