Optimal Portfolio Allocation under Asset and Surplus VaR Constraints
In this paper we propose an approach to Asset Liability Management of various institutions, in particular insurance companies, based on a dual VaR constraint for the asset and the surplus. A key ingredient of this approach is a flexible modelling of the term structure of interest rates leading to an explicit formula for the returns of bonds. VaR constraints on the asset and on the surplus also take tractable forms, and graphical illustrations of the impact and of the sensitivity of these constraints are easily explicited in terms of various parameters: share of stocks, duration and convexity of the bonds on the asset and liability sides, expected return and volatility of the asset...
|Date of creation:||2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.banque-france.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Sanvi Avouyi-Dovi & Jean-Guillaume Sahuc, 2009.
"Comportement du banquier central en environnement incertain,"
Revue d'économie politique,
Dalloz, vol. 119(1), pages 119-142.
- Jean-Guillaume Sahuc & Sanvi Avouyi-Dovi, 2007. "Comportement du banquier central en environnement incertain," Documents de recherche 07-05, Centre d'Études des Politiques Économiques (EPEE), Université d'Evry Val d'Essonne.
- Sahuc, Jean-Guillaume & Avouyi-Dovi, Sanvi, 2009. "Comportement du banquier central en environnement incertain," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5490, Paris Dauphine University.
- Avouyi-Dovi, S. & Sahuc, J-G., 2009. "Comportement du banquier central en environnement incertain," Working papers 241, Banque de France.
- Aghion, Ph. & Askenazy, Ph. & Bourlès, R. & Cette, G. & Dromel, N., 2009.
"Education, Market Rigidities and Growth,"
229, Banque de France.
- Darné, O. & Ferrara, L., 2009.
"Identification of slowdowns and accelerations for the euro area economy,"
239, Banque de France.
- Olivier Darné & Laurent Ferrara, 2011. "Identification of Slowdowns and Accelerations for the Euro Area Economy," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 73(3), pages 335-364, 06.
- Darné, Olivier & Ferrara, Laurent, 2009. "Identification of slowdowns and accelerations for the euro area economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 7376, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bardos, Mireille & Moquet, Jeremy & Kendaoui, Ludovic & Jardet, Caroline & Avouyi-Dovi, Sanvi, 2009.
"Macro stress testing with a macroeconomic credit risk model : Application to the French manufacturing sector,"
Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine
123456789/11161, Paris Dauphine University.
- Avouyi-Dovi, S. & Bardos, M. & Jardet, C. & Kendaoui, L. & Moquet , J., 2009. "Macro stress testing with a macroeconomic credit risk model: Application to the French manufacturing sector," Working papers 238, Banque de France.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bfr:banfra:251. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael brassart)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.