The Outcome of Directed Lending in Belarus: Mitigating Recession or Dampening Long-Run Growth?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kruk Dzmitry & Haiduk Kiryl, 2013. "The Outcome of Directed Lending in Belarus: Mitigating Recession or Dampening Long-Run Growth?," EERC Working Paper Series 13/05e, EERC Research Network, Russia and CIS.
References listed on IDEAS
- Konstantinos Kassimatis & Spyros Spyrou, 2001. "Stock and credit market expansion and economic development in emerging markets: further evidence utilizing cointegration analysis," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(8), pages 1057-1064.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia1, 2015.
"The liquidation of government debt,"
Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 30(82), pages 291-333.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," BIS Working Papers 363, Bank for International Settlements.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," NBER Working Papers 16893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2015. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," IMF Working Papers 2015/007, International Monetary Fund.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," Working Paper Series WP11-10, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- repec:eid:wpaper:4/09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dzmitry Kruk, 2011. "The Impact of Directed Lending on Long-run Growth in Belarus," BEROC Working Paper Series 14, Belarusian Economic Research and Outreach Center (BEROC).
- Rousseau, Peter L. & Xiao, Sheng, 2007. "Banks, stock markets, and China's `great leap forward'," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 206-217, September.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1998.
"Stock Markets, Banks, and Economic Growth,"
American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 537-558, June.
- Ross Levine & Sara Zervos, "undated". "Stock markets, banks and economic growth ," CERF Discussion Paper Series 95-11, Economics and Finance Section, School of Social Sciences, Brunel University.
- Levine, Ross & Zervos, Sara, 1996. "Stock markets, banks, and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1690, The World Bank.
- Roubini, Nouriel & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1995.
"A growth model of inflation, tax evasion, and financial repression,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 275-301, April.
- Nouriel Roubini & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1992. "A Growth Model of Inflation, Tax Evasion, and Financial Repression," NBER Working Papers 4062, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roubini, N. & Sala-i-Martin, X., 1992. "A Growth Model of Inflation, Tax Evasion and Financial Repression," Papers 658, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Julia Korosteleva & Colin Lawson, 2010.
"The Belarusian case of transition: whither financial repression?,"
Post-Communist Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 33-53.
- Dr. (elect.) Julia Korosteleva & Dr. Colin Lawson, "undated". "The Belarusian Case of Transition: Whither Financial Repression?," Working Papers 2006_4, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- J Korosteleva & Colin Lawson, 2009. "The Belarusian Case of Transition: Whither Financial Repression?," Department of Economics Working Papers 4/09, University of Bath, Department of Economics.
- Felix Rioja & Neven Valev, 2004.
"Finance and the Sources of Growth at Various Stages of Economic Development,"
Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 42(1), pages 127-140, January.
- Neven Valev & Felix Rioja, 2002. "Finance and the Sources of Growth at Various Stages of Economic Development," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper0217, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Pagano, Marco, 1993. "Financial markets and growth: An overview," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 613-622, April.
- Kolesnikova, Irina, 2010. "State Aid for Industrial Enterprises in Belarus: Remedy or Poison?," MPRA Paper 22403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roubini, Nouriel & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1992. "Financial repression and economic growth," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 5-30, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alex Miksjuk & Sam Ouliaris & Mikhail Pranovich, 2015. "The Game of Anchors; Studying the Causes of Currency Crises in Belarus," IMF Working Papers 2015/281, International Monetary Fund.
- Dzmitry Kruk & Kateryna Bornukova, 2013. "Belarusian Economic Growth Decomposition," BEROC Working Paper Series 24, Belarusian Economic Research and Outreach Center (BEROC).
- Amat Adarov & Kateryna Bornukova & Rumen Dobrinsky & Peter Havlik & Gabor Hunya & Dzmitry Kruk & Olga Pindyuk, 2016. "The Belarus Economy: The Challenges of Stalled Reforms," wiiw Research Reports 413, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Torbjörn Becker & Helena Schweiger & Igor Livshits & Bas B. Bakker & Tymofiy Mylovanov, 2018. "The future of CIS and CEE countries," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 26(4), pages 801-826, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rioja, Felix & Valev, Neven, 2004. "Does one size fit all?: a reexamination of the finance and growth relationship," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(2), pages 429-447, August.
- Wu, Jyh-Lin & Hou, Han & Cheng, Su-Yin, 2010. "The dynamic impacts of financial institutions on economic growth: Evidence from the European Union," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 879-891, September.
- Comlanvi Jude EGGOH, 2009. "Développement financier, instabilité financière et croissance économique : un réexamen de la relation," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 444, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Eggoh, Jude C. & Villieu, Patrick, 2014. "A simple endogenous growth model of financial intermediation with multiplicity and indeterminacy," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 357-366.
- Bangake, Chrysost & Eggoh, Jude C., 2011.
"Further evidence on finance-growth causality: A panel data analysis,"
Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 176-188, June.
- Chrysost BANGAKE & Comlanvi Jude EGGOH, 2010. "Further Evidence on Finance-Growth Causality: A Panel Data Analysis," LEO Working Papers / DR LEO 671, Orleans Economics Laboratory / Laboratoire d'Economie d'Orleans (LEO), University of Orleans.
- Samargandi, Nahla & Fidrmuc, Jan & Ghosh, Sugata, 2015.
"Is the Relationship Between Financial Development and Economic Growth Monotonic? Evidence from a Sample of Middle-Income Countries,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 66-81.
- Nahla Samargandi & Jan Fidrmuc & Sugata Ghosh, 2014. "Is the Relationship between Financial Development and Economic Growth Monotonic? Evidence from a Sample of Middle Income Countries," CESifo Working Paper Series 4743, CESifo.
- Nicola Limodio, 2015. "The Development Impact of Financial Regulation: Evidence from Ethiopia and Antebellum USA," 2015 Meeting Papers 355, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- W.N.W Azman‐Saini & Peter Smith, 2011.
"Finance And Growth: New Evidence On The Role Of Insurance,"
South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 79(2), pages 111-127, June.
- Azman-saini, W.N.W & Smith, Peter, 2010. "Finance and growth: new evidence on the role of insurance," MPRA Paper 65836, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harold A. Padilla Villa & Lorenzo D. Zanello Riva, 2013. "RelaciÃ³n entre penetraciÃ³n financiera y crecimiento econÃ³mico. El caso colombiano en el periodo 2001-2010," Revista de EconomÃa del Caribe 014733, Universidad del Norte.
- Thierry Tressel, 1999. "Financial Intermediation and Growth: Long Run Consequences of Capital Market Imperfections," CSEF Working Papers 20, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Boyd, John H. & Levine, Ross & Smith, Bruce D., 2001. "The impact of inflation on financial sector performance," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 221-248, April.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Burak Uras, 2013.
"Is informality a barrier to financial development?,"
SERIEs: Journal of the Spanish Economic Association, Springer;Spanish Economic Association, vol. 4(3), pages 309-331, August.
- Ceyhun Elgin & Burak R. Uras, 2012. "Is Informality a Barrier to Financial Development?," Working Papers 2012/12, Bogazici University, Department of Economics.
- Igue, Charlemagne Babatoundé, 2013. "Intermédiation financière et croissance économique : une approche basée sur le concept d’efficacité-X appliquée à la zone UEMOA," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 89(1), pages 7-37, Mars.
- Kar, Muhsin & NazlIoglu, Saban & AgIr, Hüseyin, 2011.
"Financial development and economic growth nexus in the MENA countries: Bootstrap panel granger causality analysis,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 685-693, January.
- Kar, Muhsin & Nazlıoğlu, Şaban & Ağır, Hüseyin, 2011. "Financial development and economic growth nexus in the MENA countries: Bootstrap panel granger causality analysis," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 685-693.
- Norkina, O. & Pekarski, S., 2015. "Nonmarket Debt Placement As Financial Repression," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 31-55.
- Andres, Javier & Hernando, Ignacio & Lopez-Salido, J. David, 2004.
"The role of the financial system in the growth-inflation link: the OECD experience,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 941-961, November.
- Javier Andrés & Ignacio Hernando & J. David López-Salido, 1999. "The Role of the Financial System in the Growth-Inflation Link: the OECD Experience," Working Papers 9920, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Martins Iyoboyi, 2013. "Bank and Non-Bank Financial Deepening and Economic Growth: The Nigerian Experience (1981–2010)," Economic Notes, Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA, vol. 42(3), pages 247-272, November.
- Shaw, Ming-Fu & Lai, Ching-Chong & Chang, Wen-Ya, 2005. "Anticipated policy and endogenous growth in a small open monetary economy," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(5), pages 719-743, September.
- Kotaro Tsuru, 2000. "Finance and Growth: Some Theoretical Considerations and a Review of the Empirical Literature," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 228, OECD Publishing.
- Boulila Ghazi & Trabelsi Mohamed, 2004. "The Causality Issues in the Finance and Growth Nexus: Emperical Evidence from Middle East and North African Countries," Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, De Gruyter, vol. 2(2), pages 35-50, August.
More about this item
KeywordsBelarus; financial repression; directed lending; economic growth; transition economies; cointegration; vector error-correction model;
All these keywords.
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
- P34 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Institutions and Their Transitions - - - Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-FDG-2013-12-20 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-MAC-2013-12-20 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-TRA-2013-12-20 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bel:wpaper:22. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Svetlana Yakubovskaya). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/berocby.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.