International Fragmentation of Production and the Intrafirm Trade of U.s. Multinational Companies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Feenstra & Gordon H. Hanson, 1999. "The Impact of Outsourcing and High-Technology Capital on Wages: Estimates For the United States, 1979–1990," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(3), pages 907-940.
- Robert C. Feenstra, 1998.
"Integration of Trade and Disintegration of Production in the Global Economy,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 12(4), pages 31-50, Fall.
- Robert C. Feenstra, "undated". "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Department of Economics 98-06, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Robert Feenstra, 2003. "Integration Of Trade And Disintegration Of Production In The Global Economy," Working Papers 244, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Salvatore Baldone & Fabio Sdogati & Lucia Tajoli, 2001. "Patterns and determinants of international fragmentation of production: Evidence from outward processing trade between the EU and Central Eastern European countries," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 137(1), pages 80-104, March.
- Zhang, Kevin Honglin & Markusen, James R., 1999.
"Vertical multinationals and host-country characteristics,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 233-252, August.
- Kevin H. Zhang & James R. Markusen, 1997. "Vertical Multinationals and Host-Country Characteristics," NBER Working Papers 6203, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter J Buckley & R D Pearce, 1979. "Overseas Production and Exporting by the World's Largest Enterprises: A Study in Sourcing Policy," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 10(1), pages 9-20, March.
- Andersson, Thomas & Fredriksson, Torbjorn, 2000. "Distinction between intermediate and finished products in intra-firm trade," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 773-792, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia, 2008.
"International fragmentation of production in the Portuguese economy: What do different measures tell us?,"
9783, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral, 2008. "International Fragmentation of Production in the Portuguese Economy: What do Different Measures Tell Us?," Working Papers w200811, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia, 2009.
"Vertical specialization across the world: A relative measure,"
The North American Journal of Economics and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 267-280, December.
- João Amador & Sónia Cabral, 2008. "Vertical Specialization Across the World: A Relative Measure," Working Papers w200810, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Amador, João & Cabral, Sónia, 2008. "Vertical specialization across the world: a relative measure," MPRA Paper 9618, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maria Borga & Robert E. Lipsey, 2009. "Factor Prices, Factor Substitution and Exporting in US Manufacturing Affiliates Abroad," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(1), pages 30-48, January.
- Richard Baldwin & Toshihiro Okubo, 2014.
"Networked FDI: Sales and Sourcing Patterns of Japanese Foreign Affiliates,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(8), pages 1051-1080, August.
- Richard Baldwin & Toshihiro Okubo, 2012. "Networked FDI: Sales and Sourcing Patterns of Japanese Foreign Affiliates," NBER Working Papers 18083, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard BALDWIN & OKUBO Toshihiro, 2012. "Networked FDI: Sales and sourcing patterns of Japanese foreign affiliates," Discussion papers 12027, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Baldwin, Richard & Okubo, Toshihiro, 2012. "Networked FDI: Sales and Sourcing Patterns of Japanese Foreign Affiliates," CEPR Discussion Papers 8963, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto López, 2014. "Outsourcing and firm productivity: a production function approach," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 977-998, November.
- Contessi, Silvio, 2015.
"Multinational firms׳ entry and productivity: Some aggregate implications of firm-level heterogeneity,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 61-80.
- Contessi, Silvio, 2010. "Multinational Firms' Entry and Productivity: Some Aggregate Implications of Firm-level Heterogeneity," Working Papers 2010-043, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 26 Aug 2015.
- Contessi, Silvio, 2015. "Multinational firms' entry and productivity: some aggregate implications of firm-level heterogeneity," Globalization Institute Working Papers 248, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Maritza Sotomayor, 2016. "Vertical Specialization of Production: Critical Review and Empirical Evidence for the Mexican Manufacturing Industries 1994-2014," International Journal of Business and Social Research, MIR Center for Socio-Economic Research, vol. 6(2), pages 11-28, February.
- W. Altzinger, 2008. "Österreichs Multinationalen Unternehmen (MNUs) und deren konzernexterner und - interner Handel," FIW Research Reports series I-023, FIW.
- Ramondo, Natalia & Rappoport, Veronica & Ruhl, Kim J., 2016.
"Intrafirm trade and vertical fragmentation in U.S. multinational corporations,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 98(C), pages 51-59.
- Natalia Ramondo & Veronica Rappoport & Kim J. Ruhl, 2015. "Intrafirm Trade and Vertical Fragmentation in U.S. Multinational Corporations," NBER Working Papers 21472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ramondo, Natalia & Rappoport, Veronica & Ruhl, Kim J., 2015. "Intrafirm trade and vertical fragmentation in U.S.multinational corporations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63831, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Natalia Ramondo & Veronica Rappoport & Kim J. Ruhl, 2015. "Intrafirm Trade and Vertical Fragmentation in U.S. Multinational Corporations," CEP Discussion Papers dp1371, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Ramondo, Natalia & Rappoport, Veronica & Ruhl, Kim J., 2015. "Intrafirm trade and vertical fragmentation in U.S. multinational corporations," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 63197, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dietrich, Diemo & Jindra, Björn, 2010. "Corporate governance in the multinational enterprise: A financial contracting perspective," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 446-456, October.
- Sotiris Blanas, 2012.
"Intra-Firm Trade and Employment in US Manufacturing,"
FIW Working Paper series
- Blanas, Sotiris, 2012. "Intra-firm trade and employment in US manufacturing," Kiel Advanced Studies Working Papers 458, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- David Hummels & Laura Puzzello, 2010. "Some Evidence on the Nature and Growth of Input Trade," Chapters,in: Input Trade and Production Networks in East Asia, chapter 3 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Giuseppe Bognetti & Michele Santoni, 2010. "Can domestic unions gain from offshoring?," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 100(1), pages 51-67, May.
- Anna Giunta & Annamaria Nifo & Domenico Scalera, 2012.
"Subcontracting in Italian Industry: Labour Division, Firm Growth and the North--South Divide,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(8), pages 1067-1083, December.
- Giunta, Anna & Nifo, Annamaria & Scalera, Domenico, 2009. "Subcontracting in the Italian industry. Labour Division, Firms’ Growth and North-South Divide," MPRA Paper 13084, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carol Corrado & Paul Lengermann & Larry Slifman, 2009.
"The Contribution of Multinational Corporations to U.S. Productivity Growth, 1977-2000,"
NBER Chapters,in: International Trade in Services and Intangibles in the Era of Globalization, pages 331-360
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carol Corrado & Paul Lengermann & Lawrence Slifman, 2007. "The contribution of multinational corporations to U.S. productivity growth, 1977-2000," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2007-21, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Sethupathy, Guru, 2013. "Offshoring, wages, and employment: Theory and evidence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 73-97.
More about this item
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bea:papers:0035. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bryn Whitmire) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Bryn Whitmire to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/beagvus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.