The demand for energy of Italian households
This paper studies the impact of demographic shifts, energy prices and climate factors on Italian householdsï¿½ energy budget. The pattern of energy expenditure of Italian households is studied using the Italian Household Budget Survey. The expenditure for heating, private transport and electricity are jointly modelled and the relevant parameters are simulated under different scenarios. According to this exercise, the ageing of the Italian population - coupled with the increase in energy prices and surface temperature - could reduce the share of energy-related expenditure by about 2 percentage points in the next few decades and increase its polarization. Energy policies should take into consideration householdsï¿½ characteristics and behaviour, and in turn the impact of this heterogeneity on the demand for energy.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Via Nazionale, 91 - 00184 Roma|
Web page: http://www.bancaditalia.it
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Xavier Labandeira & JosÈ M. Labeaga & Miguel RodrÌguez, "undated".
"Microsimulating the Effects of Household Energy Price Changes in Spain,"
Studies on the Spanish Economy
- Xavier Labandeira & Jose M. Labeaga & Miguel Rodriguez, 2004. "Microsimulating the Effects of Household Energy Price Changes in Spain," Public Economics 0412001, EconWPA, revised 02 Dec 2004.
- Miguel Rodríguez & José M. Labeaga, 2004. "Microsimulating the Effects of Household Energy Price Changes in Spain," Working Papers 2004.161, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Jean-Marc Burniaux & Jean Château & Romain Duval & Stéphanie Jamet, 2008. "The Economics of Climate Change Mitigation: Policies and Options for the Future," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 658, OECD Publishing.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Kurt KRATENA & Ina MEYER & Michael WUEGER, "undated". "Modelling the Energy Demand of Households in a Combined Top Down/Bottom Up Approach," EcoMod2008 23800069, EcoMod.
- Kurt Kratena & Ina Meyer & Michael Wüger, 2008. "Modelling the Energy Demand of Households in a Combined Top Down/Bottom Up Approach," WIFO Working Papers 321, WIFO.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bdi:wptemi:td_822_11. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.