"Keeping it personal" or "getting real"? On the drivers and effectiveness of personal versus real loan guarantees
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Boot, Arnoud W A & Thakor, Anjan V & Udell, Gregory F, 1991. "Secured Lending and Default Risk: Equilibrium Analysis, Policy Implications and Empirical Results," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 101(406), pages 458-472, May.
- Calomiris, Charles W. & Larrain, Mauricio & Liberti, José & Sturgess, Jason, 2017.
"How collateral laws shape lending and sectoral activity,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 123(1), pages 163-188.
- Calomiris, Charles W. & Larrain, Mauricio & Liberti, José & Sturgess, Jason, 2015. "How Collateral Laws Shape Lending and Sectoral Activity," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 20, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Mauricio Larrain & José M. Liberti & Jason D. Sturgess, 2016. "How Collateral Laws Shape Lending and Sectoral Activity," NBER Working Papers 21911, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Elisa Brodi, 2018. "Dealing with corporate crises in a timely way. Notes on the optimal design of an «Early warning and composition system»," Questioni di Economia e Finanza (Occasional Papers) 440, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
More about this item
Keywordsbanks; asymmetric information; real guarantees; personal guarantees; risk-taking; capital requirements;
- D43 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Oligopoly and Other Forms of Market Imperfection
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2017-05-14 (Banking)
- NEP-BEC-2017-05-14 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CFN-2017-05-14 (Corporate Finance)
- NEP-MAC-2017-05-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-RMG-2017-05-14 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bde:wpaper:1715. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (María Beiro. Electronic Dissemination of Information Unit. Research Department. Banco de España). General contact details of provider: http://www.bde.es/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.