Liquidity and Central Clearing: Evidence from the CDS Market
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Craig Doidge & G. Andrew Karolyi & Karl V. Lins & Darius P. Miller & René M. Stulz, 2009.
"Private Benefits of Control, Ownership, and the Cross‐listing Decision,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 64(1), pages 425-466, February.
- Craig Doidge & G. Andrew Karolyi & Karl V. Lins & Darius P. Miller & Rene M. Stulz, 2005. "Private Benefits of Control, Ownership, and the Cross-Listing Decision," NBER Working Papers 11162, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Doidge, Craig & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Lins, Karl V. & Millers, Darius P. & Stulz, Rene M., 2005. "Private Benefits of Control, Ownership, and the Cross-Listing Decision," Working Paper Series 2005-2, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Doidge, Craig & Karolyi, G. Andrew & Lins, Karl V. & Miller, Darius & Stulz, Rene M., 2005. "Private Benefits of Control, Ownership, and the Cross-Listing Decision," Working Papers 05-1, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Jean-Sébastien Fontaine & Héctor Pérez Saiz & Joshua Slive, 2012. "Access, Competition and Risk in Centrally Cleared Markets," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2012(Autumn), pages 3-13.
- Marco Pagano & Ailsa A. Röell & Josef Zechner, 2002.
"The Geography of Equity Listing: Why Do Companies List Abroad?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(6), pages 2651-2694, December.
- Marco Pagano & Ailsa A. Roell & Joseph Zechner, 1999. "The Geography of Equity Listing; Why Do Companies List Abroad?," CSEF Working Papers 28, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 01 Sep 2001.
- Pagano, Marco & Röell, Ailsa A & Zechner, Josef, 2001. "The Geography of Equity Listing: Why Do Companies List Abroad?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2681, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Baker, H. Kent & Nofsinger, John R. & Weaver, Daniel G., 2002. "International Cross-Listing and Visibility," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 495-521, September.
- Manmohan Singh, 2010. "Collateral, Netting and Systemic Risk in the OTC Derivatives Market," IMF Working Papers 10/99, International Monetary Fund.
- Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen, 1987. "Price, trade size, and information in securities markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 69-90, September.
- Jean-Sébastien Fontaine & Héctor Pérez Saiz & Joshua Slive, 2012. "Access, Competition and Risk in Centrally Cleared Markets," Bank of Canada Review, Bank of Canada, vol. 2012(Autumn), pages 14-22.
- Qiu, Jiaping & Yu, Fan, 2012. "Endogenous liquidity in credit derivatives," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 103(3), pages 611-631.
- Ashcraft, Adam B. & Santos, João A.C., 2009. "Has the CDS market lowered the cost of corporate debt?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 514-523, May.
- Thorsten Koeppl & Cyril Monnet, 2006. "Central Counterparties," 2006 Meeting Papers 513, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Copeland, Thomas E & Galai, Dan, 1983. " Information Effects on the Bid-Ask Spread," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 38(5), pages 1457-1469, December.
- Jonathan Witmer, 2008. "An Examination of Canadian Firms Delisting from U.S. Exchanges," Staff Working Papers 08-11, Bank of Canada.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Shumway, Tyler, 2001. "Forecasting Bankruptcy More Accurately: A Simple Hazard Model," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74(1), pages 101-124, January.
- David Mills & Francesca Carapella, 2012. "Information insensitive securities: the benefits of central counterparties," 2012 Meeting Papers 1032, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Kathryn Chen & Michael J. Fleming & John Jackson & Ada Li & Asani Sarkar, 2011. "An analysis of CDS transactions: implications for public reporting," Staff Reports 517, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- International Monetary Fund, 2012. "Mexico; Detailed Assessment of Observance of International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) Objectives and Principles of Securities Regulation," IMF Staff Country Reports 12/68, International Monetary Fund.
- Alberto Abadie & Guido W. Imbens, 2006. "Large Sample Properties of Matching Estimators for Average Treatment Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 74(1), pages 235-267, January.
- Stewart Mayhew & Vassil Mihov, 2004. "How Do Exchanges Select Stocks for Option Listing?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(1), pages 447-471, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Binbin Deng, 2017. "Counterparty risk, central counterparty clearing and aggregate risk," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 13(4), pages 355-400, November.
- Benos, Evangelos & Wetherilt, Anne & Zikes, Filip, 2013. "Financial Stability Paper No 25: The structure and dynamics of the UK CDS market," Bank of England Financial Stability Papers 25, Bank of England.
- Arnold, M., 2017. "The impact of central clearing on banks’ lending discipline," Journal of Financial Markets, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 91-114.
- Czech, Robert, 2019. "Credit default swaps and corporate bond trading," Bank of England working papers 810, Bank of England.
- Christina E. Bannier & Thomas Heidorn & Heinz-Dieter Vogel, 2014. "Characteristics and development of corporate and sovereign CDS," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 15(5), pages 482-509, November.
- Michele Bonollo & Irene Crimaldi & Andrea Flori & Laura Gianfagna & Fabio Pammolli, 2016. "Assessing financial distress dependencies in OTC markets: a new approach using trade repositories data," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 30(4), pages 397-426, November.
- Albert Menkveld & Emiliano Pagnotta & Marius Andrei Zoican, 2016. "Does Central Clearing Affect Price Stability? Evidence from Nordic Equity Markets," Working Papers hal-01253702, HAL.
- Michele Bonollo & Irene Crimaldi & Andrea Flori & Laura Gianfagna & Fabio Pammolli, 2015. "Assessing financial distress dependencies in OTC markets: a new approach by Trade Repositories data," Working Papers 10/2015, IMT Institute for Advanced Studies Lucca, revised Oct 2015.
- Akari, Mohamed-Ali & Ben-Abdallah, Ramzi & Breton, Michèle & Dionne, Georges, 2018. "The impact of central clearing on the market for single-name credit default swaps," Working Papers 18-1, HEC Montreal, Canada Research Chair in Risk Management, revised 25 Jan 2019.
More about this item
- G30 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - General
- G38 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocawp:12-38. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bocgvca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.