Crypto ‘Money’: Perspective of a Couple of Canadian Central Bankers
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Wilko Bolt & Maarten van Oordt, 2016. "On the Value of Virtual Currencies," Staff Working Papers 16-42, Bank of Canada.
- Yu Zhu & Scott Hendry, 2019. "A Framework for Analyzing Monetary Policy in an Economy with E-money," Staff Working Papers 19-1, Bank of Canada.
- Ben Fung & Scott Hendry & Warren E. Weber, 2017. "Canadian Bank Notes and Dominion Notes: Lessons for Digital Currencies," Staff Working Papers 17-5, Bank of Canada.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Tirole, 2014.
"Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets,"
Competition Policy International, vol. 10.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Triole, Jean, 2002. "Platform competition in two sided markets," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24929, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jean-Charles Rochet & Jean Triole, 2002. "Platform Competition in Two Sided Markets," FMG Discussion Papers dp409, Financial Markets Group.
- Rochet, Jean-Charles & Tirole, Jean, 2003. "Platform Competition in Two-Sided Markets," IDEI Working Papers 152, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Athey, Susan & Parashkevov, Ivo & Sarukkai, Vishnu & Xia, Jing, 2016. "Bitcoin Pricing, Adoption, and Usage: Theory and Evidence," Research Papers 3469, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Jonathan Chiu & Tsz-Nga Wong, 2014. "E-Money: Efficiency, Stability and Optimal Policy," Staff Working Papers 14-16, Bank of Canada.
- Philip H. Dybvig & Douglas W. Diamond, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, vol. 24(Win), pages 14-23.
- Mohammad Davoodalhosseini & Francisco Rivadeneyra, 2018. "A Policy Framework for E-Money: A Report on Bank of Canada Research," Discussion Papers 18-5, Bank of Canada.
- Stephen D. Williamson, 2018. "Is Bitcoin a Waste of Resources?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, vol. 100(2), pages 107-115.
- Ben Fung & Scott Hendry & Warren E. Weber, 2018. "Swedish Riksbank Notes and Enskilda Bank Notes: Lessons for Digital Currencies," Staff Working Papers 18-27, Bank of Canada.
- Christopher Henry & Kim Huynh & Gradon Nicholls, 2018. "Bitcoin Awareness and Usage in Canada: An Update," Staff Analytical Notes 2018-23, Bank of Canada.
- Rodney Garratt & Neil Wallace, 2018.
"Bitcoin 1, Bitcoin 2, ....: An Experiment In Privately Issued Outside Monies,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 56(3), pages 1887-1897, July.
- Garratt, Rodney & Wallace, Neil, 2016. "Bitcoin 1, Bitcoin 2, ... : An experiment in privately issued outside monies," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt91c7x1js, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Christopher Henry & Kim Huynh & Angelika Welte, 2018. "2017 Methods-of-Payment Survey Report," Discussion Papers 18-17, Bank of Canada.
- Walter Engert & Ben Fung, 2017. "Central Bank Digital Currency: Motivations and Implications," Discussion Papers 17-16, Bank of Canada.
- Warren E. Weber, 2016. "A Bitcoin Standard: Lessons from the Gold Standard," Staff Working Papers 16-14, Bank of Canada.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jonathan Chiu & Mohammad Davoodalhosseini & Janet Hua Jiang & Yu Zhu, 2019. "Central Bank Digital Currency and Banking," Staff Working Papers 19-20, Bank of Canada.
- Stephen Williamson, 2019. "Central Bank Digital Currency: Welfare and Policy Implications," 2019 Meeting Papers 386, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Helmut Stix, 2019. "Ownership and purchase intention of crypto-assets – survey results," Working Papers 226, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
More about this item
KeywordsBank notes; Digital Currencies; Financial services; Payment clearing and settlement systems;
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- H4 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods
- P43 - Economic Systems - - Other Economic Systems - - - Finance; Public Finance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-MAC-2019-02-18 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2019-02-18 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PAY-2019-02-18 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bca:bocadp:19-1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bocgvca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.