Normality Tests for Dependent Data: Large-Sample and Bootstrap Approaches
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Bontemps, Christian & Meddahi, Nour, 2005.
"Testing normality: a GMM approach,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 124(1), pages 149-186, January.
- BONTEMPS, Christian & MEDDAHI, Nour, 2002. "Testing Normality : A GMM Approach," Cahiers de recherche 2002-14, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Christian BONTEMPS & Nour MEDDAHI, 2002. "Testing Normality : A Gmm Approach," Cahiers de recherche 14-2002, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- Christian Bontemps & Nour Meddahi, 2002. "Testing Normality: A GMM Approach," CIRANO Working Papers 2002s-63, CIRANO.
- L. Baringhaus & N. Henze, 1988. "A consistent test for multivariate normality based on the empirical characteristic function," Metrika: International Journal for Theoretical and Applied Statistics, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 339-348, December.
- Kilian, Lutz & Demiroglu, Ufuk, 2000. "Residual-Based Tests for Normality in Autoregressions: Asymptotic Theory and Simulation Evidence," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(1), pages 40-50, January.
- Psaradakis, Zacharias & Vávra, Marián, 2017.
"A distance test of normality for a wide class of stationary processes,"
Econometrics and Statistics,
Elsevier, vol. 2(C), pages 50-60.
- Zacharias Psaradakis & Marián Vávra, 2015. "A Distance Test of Normality for a Wide Class of Stationary Processes," Birkbeck Working Papers in Economics and Finance 1513, Birkbeck, Department of Economics, Mathematics & Statistics.
- Marian Vavra, 2015. "Testing for normality with applications," Working and Discussion Papers WP 1/2015, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- repec:taf:jnlbes:v:34:y:2016:i:3:p:406-415 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lobato, Ignacio N. & Velasco, Carlos, 2004. "A Simple Test Of Normality For Time Series," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(04), pages 671-689, August.
- Cotter, John, 2007.
"Varying the VaR for unconditional and conditional environments,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1338-1354, December.
- Cotter, John, 2004. "Varying the VaR for Unconditional and Conditional Environments," MPRA Paper 3483, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Cotter, 2011. "Varying the VaR for Unconditional and Conditional Environments," Working Papers 200419, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- John Cotter, 2011. "Varying the VaR for Unconditional and Conditional Environments," Papers 1103.5649, arXiv.org.
- Anne Leucht & Michael Neumann, 2013. "Degenerate $$U$$ - and $$V$$ -statistics under ergodicity: asymptotics, bootstrap and applications in statistics," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 65(2), pages 349-386, April.
- Leucht, Anne & Neumann, Michael H., 2009. "Consistency of general bootstrap methods for degenerate U-type and V-type statistics," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(8), pages 1622-1633, September.
- D. S. Poskitt, 2008.
"Properties of the Sieve Bootstrap for Fractionally Integrated and Non-Invertible Processes,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(2), pages 224-250, March.
- D. S. Poskitt, 2006. "Properties of the Sieve Bootstrap for Fractionally Integrated and Non-Invertible Processes," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 12/06, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991.
"Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 817-858, May.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988. "Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 877R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1989.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2005.
"Tests for Skewness, Kurtosis, and Normality for Time Series Data,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 23, pages 49-60, January.
- Jushan Bai & Serena Ng, 2001. "Tests for Skewness, Kurtosis, and Normality for Time Series Data," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 501, Boston College Department of Economics.
- D. Poskitt, 2007. "Autoregressive approximation in nonstandard situations: the fractionally integrated and non-invertible cases," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 59(4), pages 697-725, December.
- Paparoditis, Efstathios, 1996. "Bootstrapping Autoregressive and Moving Average Parameter Estimates of Infinite Order Vector Autoregressive Processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 277-296, May.
More about this item
KeywordsAutoregressive sieve bootstrap; Normality test; Weak dependence.;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-12-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-ALL-2018-01-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2018-01-01 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2018-01-01 (Econometric Time Series)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bbk:bbkefp:1706. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://www.ems.bbk.ac.uk/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.