After 200 years, why is Indonesia’s cadastral system still incomplete?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Derek G. Stacey, 2011. "Tenure Insecurity, Adverse Selection, And Liquidity In Rural Land Markets," Working Paper 1269, Economics Department, Queen's University.
- Richard M. Bird & Enid Slack (ed.), 2004. "International Handbook of Land and Property Taxation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 3304.
- Pierre van der Eng, 2006. "Surplus mobilisation in farm agriculture: A comparison of Java and Japan, 1870-1940," Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 42(1), pages 35-58.
- Paul Castañeda Dower & Elizabeth Potamites, 2014.
"Signalling Creditworthiness: Land Titles, Banking Practices, and Formal Credit In Indonesia,"
Bulletin of Indonesian Economic Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(3), pages 435-459, December.
- Paul Castãneda Dower & Elizabeth Potamites, 2012. "Signaling Credit-Worthiness: Land Titles, Banking Practices and Formal Credit in Indonesia," Working Papers w0186, New Economic School (NES).
- Paul Castãneda Dower & Elizabeth Potamites, 2012. "Signaling Credit-Worthiness: Land Titles, Banking Practices and Formal Credit in Indonesia," Working Papers w0186, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Michael Grimm & Stephan Klasen, 2015. "Migration Pressure, Tenure Security, and Agricultural Intensification: Evidence from Indonesia," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 91(3), pages 411-434.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aditya, Trias & Santosa, Purnama Budi & Yulaikhah, Yulaikhah & Widjajanti, Nurrohmat & Atunggal, Dedi & Sulistyawati, Miranty, 2021. "Title Validation and collaborative mapping to accelerate quality assurance of land registration," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C).
- Trias Aditya & Eva Maria-Unger & Christelle vd Berg & Rohan Bennett & Paul Saers & Han Lukman Syahid & Doni Erwan & Tjeerd Wits & Nurrohmat Widjajanti & Purnama Budi Santosa & Dedi Atunggal & Imam Han, 2020. "Participatory Land Administration in Indonesia: Quality and Usability Assessment," Land, MDPI, vol. 9(3), pages 1-27, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Franklin Obeng-Odoom, 2018. "Valuing unregistered urban land in Indonesia," Evolutionary and Institutional Economics Review, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 315-340, December.
- Bonnet, Odran & Chapelle, Guillaume & Trannoy, Alain & Wasmer, Etienne, 2021.
"Land is back, it should be taxed, it can be taxed,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 134(C).
- Odran Bonnet & Guillaume Chapelle & Alain Trannoy & Etienne Wasmer, 2021. "Land is back, it should be taxed, it can be taxed," Post-Print hal-03238443, HAL.
- Bonnet, Odran & Chapelle, Guillaume & Trannoy, Alain & Wasmer, Etienne, 2021. "Land is back, it should be taxed, it can be taxed," CEPR Discussion Papers 15845, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Löffler, Max & Siegloch, Sebastian, 2015.
"Property Taxation, Local Labor Markets and Rental Housing,"
VfS Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy
112967, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Max Löffler & Sebastian Siegloch, 2021. "Welfare Effects of Property Taxation," CESifo Working Paper Series 8952, CESifo.
- Loeffler, Max & Siegloch, Sebastian, 2021. "Welfare Effects of Property Taxation," IZA Discussion Papers 14195, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Löffler, Max & Siegloch, Sebastian, 2021. "Welfare Effects of Property Taxation," CEPR Discussion Papers 15927, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Löffler, Max & Siegloch, Sebastian, 2021. "Welfare effects of property taxation," ZEW Discussion Papers 21-026, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Anette Ruml & Martin C. Parlasca, 2022. "In‐kind credit provision through contract farming and formal credit markets," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 38(2), pages 402-425, April.
- Matthew Collin & Justin Sandefur & Andrew Zeitlin, 2015. "Falling Off the Map: The Impact of Formalizing (Some) Informal Settlements in Tanzania," CSAE Working Paper Series 2015-09, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Oliver W. Lerbs & Christian A. Oberst, 2014.
"Explaining the Spatial Variation in Homeownership Rates: Results for German Regions,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(5), pages 844-865, May.
- Oliver Lerbs & Christian Oberst, 2011. "Explaining the Spatial Variation in Homeownership Rates: Results for German Regions," CESifo Working Paper Series 3377, CESifo.
- Richard M. Bird & Enid Slack, 2005.
"Land and Property Taxation in 25 Countries: A Comparative Review,"
ifo DICE Report,
ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 3(3), pages 34-42, November.
- Richard M. Bird & Enid Slack, 2004. "Land and Property Taxation in 25 Countries: A Comparative Review," Chapters,in: International Handbook of Land and Property Taxation, chapter 2 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Roy Kelly, 2014. "Implementing sustainable property tax reform in developing countries," Chapters, in: Richard M. Bird & Jorge Martinez-Vazquez (ed.), Taxation and Development: The Weakest Link?, chapter 10, pages 326-363, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Roy Bahl, 2017. "Metropolitan city finances in Asia and the Pacific region: issues, problems and reform options," MPDD Working Paper Series WP/17/04, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP).
- repec:bla:afrdev:v:29:y:2017:i:s2:p:179-197 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:idb:brikps:445 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jibao, Samuel & Prichard, Wilson, 2016. "Rebuilding Local Government Finances After Conflict: Lessons from a Property Tax Reform Programme in Post-Conflict Sierra Leone," Working Papers 13739, Institute of Development Studies, International Centre for Tax and Development.
- Richard M. Bird, 2011. "Subnational Taxation In Developing Countries: A Review Of The Literature," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 2(01), pages 139-161.
- Bird, Richard M., 2010. "Subnational taxation in developing countries : a review of the literature," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5450, The World Bank.
- Bird, Richard M. & Zolt, Eric M., 2011. "Dual Income Taxation: A Promising Path to Tax Reform for Developing Countries," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1691-1703.
- Min Zhao & Weijian Guo, 2022. "Does Land Certification Stimulate Farmers’ Entrepreneurial Enthusiasm? Evidence from Rural China," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 14(18), pages 1-23, September.
- Pavlovčič Polona, 2018. "GNSS-Condition Impacts on Land Boundary Coordinates and Land Area Determination," Business Systems Research, Sciendo, vol. 9(2), pages 108-119, July.
- Engelmann, Tobias & von Haldenwang, Christian & Sahler, Gregor & Elfert, Alice & Germain, Samuel & Stanzel Ferreira, Amelie, 2015. "The devolution of the land and building tax in Indonesia," IDOS Studies, German Institute of Development and Sustainability (IDOS), volume 89, number 89, November.
- Wenli Cheng & Nan Zhou & Longyao Zhang, 2021. "How does land titling affect credit demand, supply, access, and rationing: Evidence from China," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 69(3), pages 383-414, September.
- Wilfred K. Anim-Odame & Precious Angelo Brenni & Damian Damianov & Dennis Philip, 2018. "Residential Occupancy and Property Tax Default," ERES eres2018_214, European Real Estate Society (ERES).
- Slack, Enid, 2007. "Managing the coordination of service delivery in metropolitan cities : the role of metropolitan governance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4317, The World Bank.
- Roy Kelly, 2004. "Property Tax Reform in Indonesia: Emerging Challenges from Decentralisation," Asia Pacific Journal of Public Administration, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 71-90, June.
- Roy Kelly, 2013. "Making the Property Tax Work," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1311, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
More about this item
Keywordsland tax; land tenure; land rights; land registration; cadastre; Indonesia;
All these keywords.
- N55 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Asia including Middle East
- Q15 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Land Ownership and Tenure; Land Reform; Land Use; Irrigation; Agriculture and Environment
- R52 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Land Use and Other Regulations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2016-02-12 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-HIS-2016-02-12 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-SEA-2016-02-12 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:auu:hpaper:046. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/chanuau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/chanuau.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.