Mapping National Innovation Systems in the OECD Area
The purpose of this paper is to present new findings about the structure and the organization of innovative activities in selected OECD countries. By using the approach of national sys-tems of innovation as a conceptual framework and by applying multivariate data analysis techniques, this paper aims to add new insights into the specific structures of the eighteen national systems of innovation under study. A central result from this comparative study is a categorisation of national systems of innovation into different clusters, with each cluster rep-resenting distinctive cross-national structural similarities. By accounting for sectoral specif-ics, the commonly taken perspective on national innovation systems is extended. Thereby, a more precise picture of the structural composition of the analyzed national innovation sys-tems accrues. Also, a new linkage between the two approaches of national and sectoral inno-vation systems is created.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2005|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 821 598 4060
Fax: +49 821 598 4217
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-augsburg.de/vwl/institut
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Furman, Jeffrey L. & Porter, Michael E. & Stern, Scott, 2002. "The determinants of national innovative capacity," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 899-933, August.
- Amable, Bruno, 2003. "The Diversity of Modern Capitalism," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199261147.
- Malerba, Franco, 2002. "Sectoral systems of innovation and production," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 247-264, February.
- Nasierowski, W. & Arcelus, F. J., 2003. "On the efficiency of national innovation systems," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 215-234, September.
- Markus Balzat & Horst Hanusch, 2004.
"Recent trends in the research on national innovation systems,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 197-210, 06.
- Markus Balzat & Horst Hanusch, 2003. "Recent Trends in the Research on National Innovation Systems," Discussion Paper Series 254, Universitaet Augsburg, Institute for Economics.
- Cooke, Philip & Gomez Uranga, Mikel & Etxebarria, Goio, 1997. "Regional innovation systems: Institutional and organisational dimensions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 475-491, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aug:augsbe:0279. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr. Albrecht Bossert)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.