Gesamtwirtschaftlicher Stellenwert der Humankapitalproduktion im Hochschulbereich in Westdeutschland
Producing human capital universities contribute to the preservation and accumulation of an economy's stock of human capital on a large scale. Based on this an evaluation of the extent and the development of the university-related stock of human capital in West Germany is investigated for the period from 1975 through 1995. For the year 1995 the university-related share in the total stock of human capital came up to 22.4 percent, thereby using the cost of preservation and exten-sion of the respective stock of human capital as the major determinant (inputoriented approach). Using the income resulting from the usage of human capital in the production, the university-related share of the year 1995 is 21.9 percent (outputoriented approach). From 1975 to 1995 the variation in the university-related stock of human capital turned out to be more than proportionate in the university sector compared to other educational institutions.
|Date of creation:||Sep 1999|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Universitaetsstrasse 16, D-86159 Augsburg, Germany|
Phone: +49 821 598 4060
Fax: +49 821 598 4217
Web page: http://www.wiwi.uni-augsburg.de/vwl/institut
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Norman Gemmell,, .
"Evaluating the Impacts of Human Capital Stocks and Accumulation on Economic Growth: Some New Evidence,"
95/17, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Gemmell, Norman, 1996. "Evaluating the Impacts of Human Capital Stocks and Accumulation on Economic Growth: Some New Evidence," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 58(1), pages 9-28, February.
- Barro, Robert J. & Lee, Jong-Wha, 1994. "Sources of economic growth," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 1-46, June.
- Mulligan, Casey B & Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1995.
"Measuring Aggregate Human Capital,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1149, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1995. "Measuring Aggregate Human Capital," NBER Working Papers 5016, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sala-i-Martin, X. & Mulligan, C.B., 1995. "Measuring Aggregate Human Capital," Papers 723, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Casey B. Mulligan & Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1994. "Measuring aggregate human capital," Economics Working Papers 112, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 1995.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1997.
"The Production of Human Capital and the Life Cycle of Earnings: Variations on a Theme,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(1), pages S26-47, January.
- Jacob Mincer, 1994. "The Production of Human Capital and the Lifecycle of Earnings: Variations on a Theme," NBER Working Papers 4838, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dieter Schumacher, 1997. "Immaterielle Investitionen in Deutschland und im internationalen Vergleich," Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 66(2), pages 243-257.
- Gundlach, Erich, 1994.
"Accounting for the stock of human capital : selected evidence and potential implications,"
Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy
1598, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Erich Gundlach, 1994. "Accounting for the stock of human capital: Selected evidence and potential implications," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 130(2), pages 350-374, June.
- Theo S. Eicher, 1996. "Interaction Between Endogenous Human Capital and Technological Change," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(1), pages 127-144.
- Benhabib, Jess & Spiegel, Mark M., 1994. "The role of human capital in economic development evidence from aggregate cross-country data," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 143-173, October.
- Robert J. Barro, 1996.
"Determinants of Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Empirical Study,"
NBER Working Papers
5698, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert J. Barro, 1998. "Determinants of Economic Growth: A Cross-Country Empirical Study," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262522543, December.
- Sala-i-Martin, X. & Mulligan, C.B., 1994. "A Labor-Income-Based Measure of the Value of Human Capital : An Application to the United States," Papers 722, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Caballe, Jordi & Santos, Manuel S, 1993. "On Endogenous Growth with Physical and Human Capital," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(6), pages 1042-67, December.
- Peter Gottschalk & Timothy M. Smeeding, 1997. "Cross-National Comparisons of Earnings and Income Inequality," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(2), pages 633-687, June.
- Nehru, Vikram & Swanson, Eric & Dubey, Ashutosh, 1995. "A new database on human capital stock in developing and industrial countries: Sources, methodology, and results," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2), pages 379-401, April.
- Homburg, Stefan, 1995. "Humankapital und endogenes Wachstum," EconStor Open Access Articles, ZBW - German National Library of Economics, pages 339-366.
- Klodt, Henning & Maurer, Rainer & Schimmelpfennig, Axel, 1997. "Tertiarisierung in der deutschen Wirtschaft," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 959, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Stefan C. Wolter & Bernhard A. Weber, 1999. "On the Measurement of Private Rates of Return to Education," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), Justus-Liebig University Giessen, Department of Statistics and Economics, vol. 218(5+6), pages 605-618, May.
- Black, Sandra E & Lynch, Lisa M, 1996. "Human-Capital Investments and Productivity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 263-67, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aug:augsbe:0187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dr. Albrecht Bossert)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.