The bioeconomics of migration: A selective review towards a modelling perspective
We present a selective review of migration and its connection with the economy, focusing on issues leading towards a modelling perspective.We introduce a class of models based on difference equations on directed graphs that may provide a quantitative and qualitative description of human migration and present some of their bioeconomic, mathematical and simulation challenges.
|Date of creation:|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: (+301) 8214021
Fax: (301) 8214021
Web page: http://deos.aueb.gr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schenk-Hoppe, Klaus Reiner & Schmalfu[ss], Bjorn, 2001.
"Random fixed points in a stochastic Solow growth model,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 19-30, September.
- Klaus Reiner Schenk-Hoppé & Björn Schmalfuss, . "Random Fixed Points in a Stochastic Solow Growth Model," IEW - Working Papers 065, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521280587 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Kennan & James R. Walker, 2011.
"The Effect of Expected Income on Individual Migration Decisions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 79(1), pages 211-251, 01.
- John Kennan & James R. Walker, 2003. "The Effect of Expected Income on Individual Migration Decisions," NBER Working Papers 9585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kennan,J. & Walker,J.R., 2003. "The effect of expected income on individual migration decisions," Working papers 7, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- George A. Akerlof, 1997. "Social Distance and Social Decisions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(5), pages 1005-1028, September.
- Wido Geis & Silke Uebelmesser & Martin Werding, 2008.
"How do Migrants Choose their Destination Country? An Analysis of Institutional Determinants,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
2506, CESifo Group Munich.
- Wido Geis & Silke Uebelmesser & Martin Werding, 2013. "How do Migrants Choose Their Destination Country? An Analysis of Institutional Determinants," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(5), pages 825-840, November.
- Brock, William A & Durlauf, Steven N, 2001.
"Discrete Choice with Social Interactions,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 235-60, April.
- Galor, Oded, 1996.
"Convergence? Inferences from Theoretical Models,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1350, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- James P. LeSage & R. Kelley Pace, 2008. "Spatial Econometric Modeling Of Origin-Destination Flows," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(5), pages 941-967.
- Takao Fukuchi, 2000. "articles: Long-run development of a multi-regional economy," Papers in Regional Science, Springer, vol. 79(1), pages 1-31.
- Manfred Fischer, 2011. "A spatial Mankiw–Romer–Weil model: theory and evidence," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 419-436, October.
- Everett Lee, 1966. "A theory of migration," Demography, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 47-57, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aue:wpaper:1306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekaterini Glynou)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.