Application of Machine Learning in Forecasting International Trade Trends
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ad. J. W. van de Gevel & Charles N. Noussair, 2013.
"The Nexus between Artificial Intelligence and Economics,"
SpringerBriefs in Economics,
edition 127, number 978-3-642-33648-5, February.
- Ad J. W. Gevel & Charles N. Noussair, 2013. "The Nexus Between Artificial Intelligence and Economics," SpringerBriefs in Economics, in: The Nexus between Artificial Intelligence and Economics, edition 127, pages 1-110, Springer.
- van de Gevel, A.J.W. & Noussair, C.N., 2012. "The Nexus between Artificial Intelligence and Economics," Other publications TiSEM 76cb05fd-5ea1-487e-a08b-9, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- van de Gevel, A.J.W. & Noussair, C.N., 2012. "The Nexus between Artificial Intelligence and Economics," Discussion Paper 2012-087, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hugo Storm & Kathy Baylis & Thomas Heckelei, 2020. "Machine learning in agricultural and applied economics," European Review of Agricultural Economics, Foundation for the European Review of Agricultural Economics, vol. 47(3), pages 849-892.
- Feng, Lihua & Zhang, Jianzhen, 2014. "Application of artificial neural networks in tendency forecasting of economic growth," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 76-80.
- Abadie, Alberto & Diamond, Alexis & Hainmueller, Jens, 2010. "Synthetic Control Methods for Comparative Case Studies: Estimating the Effect of Californiaâ€™s Tobacco Control Program," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 105(490), pages 493-505.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simon Blöthner & Mario Larch, 2022. "Economic determinants of regional trade agreements revisited using machine learning," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 63(4), pages 1771-1807, October.
- Simon Blöthner & Mario Larch, 2022.
"Economic determinants of regional trade agreements revisited using machine learning,"
Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 63(4), pages 1771-1807, October.
- Simon Blöthner & Mario Larch, 2021. "Economic Determinants of Regional Trade Agreements Revisited Using Machine Learning," CESifo Working Paper Series 9233, CESifo.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Feras A. Batarseh & Munisamy Gopinath & Anderson Monken, 2020. "Artificial Intelligence Methods for Evaluating Global Trade Flows," International Finance Discussion Papers 1296, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Castro, P. & Pedroso, R. & Lautenbach, S. & Vicens, R., 2020. "Farmland abandonment in Rio de Janeiro: Underlying and contributory causes of an announced development," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 95(C).
- Qiuyue Xia & Lu Li & Jie Dong & Bin Zhang, 2021. "Reduction Effect and Mechanism Analysis of Carbon Trading Policy on Carbon Emissions from Land Use," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(17), pages 1-22, August.
- Echevarría, Cruz A. & Hasancebi, Serhat & García-Enríquez, Javier, 2022. "Economic Effects of Macao’s Integration with Mainland China: A Causal Inference Study," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 37(2), pages 179-215.
- Nicolaj N. Mühlbach, 2020. "Tree-based Synthetic Control Methods: Consequences of moving the US Embassy," CREATES Research Papers 2020-04, Department of Economics and Business Economics, Aarhus University.
- Daniel Albalate & Germà Bel & Ferran A. Mazaira-Font, 2020. "Ensuring Stability, Accuracy and Meaningfulness in Synthetic Control Methods: The Regularized SHAP-Distance Method," IREA Working Papers 202005, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Apr 2020.
- Bruno Ferman & Cristine Pinto & Vitor Possebom, 2020.
"Cherry Picking with Synthetic Controls,"
Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 39(2), pages 510-532, March.
- Ferman, Bruno & Pinto, Cristine Campos de Xavier & Possebom, Vítor Augusto, 2016. "Cherry picking with synthetic controls," Textos para discussão 420, FGV EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Fundação Getulio Vargas (Brazil).
- Ferman, Bruno & Pinto, Cristine & Possebom, Vitor, 2017. "Cherry Picking with Synthetic Controls," MPRA Paper 78213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Foellmi, Reto & Martínez, Isabel Z., 2014. "Volatile Top Income Shares in Switzerland? Reassessing the Evolution Between 1981 and 2009," CEPR Discussion Papers 10006, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mustapha Douch & Terence Huw Edwards, 2022. "The bilateral trade effects of announcement shocks: Brexit as a natural field experiment," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 37(2), pages 305-329, March.
- Marcos Albuquerque Junior & José António Filipe & Paulo de Melo Jorge Neto & Cristiano da Silva, 2021. "The Study of Events Approach Applied to the Impact of Mergers and Acquisitions on the Performance of Consulting Engineering Companies," Mathematics, MDPI, vol. 9(2), pages 1-20, January.
- De los Santos, Babur & Kim, In Kyung & Lubensky, Dmitry, 2018. "Do MSRPs decrease prices?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 429-457.
- Stefano Costalli & Luigi Moretti & Costantino Pischedda, 2014.
"The Economic Costs of Civil War: Synthetic Counterfactual Evidence and the Effects of Ethnic Fractionalization,"
HiCN Working Papers
184, Households in Conflict Network.
- Costalli Stefano & Luigi Moretti & Pischedda Costantino, 2017. "The economic costs of civil war: Synthetic counterfactual evidence and the effects of ethnic fractionalization," Post-Print hal-01445217, HAL.
- Costalli Stefano & Luigi Moretti & Pischedda Costantino, 2017. "The economic costs of civil war: Synthetic counterfactual evidence and the effects of ethnic fractionalization," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-01445217, HAL.
- Hobijn, Bart & Nechio, Fernanda & Shapiro, Adam Hale, 2021.
"Using Brexit to identify the nature of price rigidities,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 130(C).
- Bart Hobijn & Fernanda Nechio & Adam Hale Shapiro, 2020. "Using Brexit To Identify the Nature of Price Rigidities," NBER Chapters, in: NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2020, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bart Hobijn & Fernanda Nechio & Adam Hale Shapiro, 2019. "Using Brexit to Identify the Nature of Price Rigidities," Working Paper Series 2019-13, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Bart Hobijn & Adam Shapiro & Fernanda Nechio, 2019. "Using Brexit to Identify the Nature of Price Rigidities," 2019 Meeting Papers 693, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Matthias Krapf & David Staubli, 2020. "The Corporate Elasticity of Taxable Income: Event Study Evidence from Switzerland," CESifo Working Paper Series 8715, CESifo.
- Chiara Cavaglia & Sandra McNally & Henry G. Overman, 2020.
"Devolving Skills: The Case of the Apprenticeship Grant for Employers,"
Fiscal Studies, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 41(4), pages 829-849, December.
- Chiara Cavaglia & Sandra McNally & Henry G. Overman, 2019. "Devolving Skills: The case of the Apprenticeship Grant for Employers," CVER Research Papers 018, Centre for Vocational Education Research.
- Cavaglia, Chiara & Mcnally, Sandra & Overman, Henry G., 2020. "Devolving skills: the case of the Apprenticeship Grant for Employers," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 106502, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Nicholas Moellman, 2020. "Healthcare and Hunger: Effects of the ACA Medicaid Expansions on Food Insecurity in America," Applied Economic Perspectives and Policy, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 42(2), pages 168-186, June.
- Corral, Leonardo R. & Schling, Maja, 2017. "The impact of shoreline stabilization on economic growth in small island developing states," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 210-228.
- Nimonka Bayale & Pouwemdéou Tchila & Jacques‐Patrick Arnold Yao & Honoré Tenakoua, 2022. "Do tax administration reforms improve tax revenue performance in Togo? Empirical insights from experimental approaches," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 90(2), pages 196-213, June.
- Chuku Chuku & Mustafa Yasin Yenice, 2021. "Working Paper 356 - Eurobonds, debt sustainability and macroeconomic performance in Africa: Synthetic controlled experiments," Working Paper Series 2482, African Development Bank.
- Nishitateno, Shuhei & Burke, Paul J., 2021.
"Willingness to pay for clean air: Evidence from diesel vehicle registration restrictions in Japan,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(C).
- Shuhei Nishitateno & Paul J. Burke, 2021. "Willingness to pay for clean air: Evidence from diesel vehicle registration restrictions in Japan," CCEP Working Papers 2101, Centre for Climate & Energy Policy, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BIG-2019-10-14 (Big Data)
- NEP-CMP-2019-10-14 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-FOR-2019-10-14 (Forecasting)
- NEP-INT-2019-10-14 (International Trade)
- NEP-PAY-2019-10-14 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1910.03112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: arXiv administrators (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.