Modal Regression using Kernel Density Estimation: a Review
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lee, Myoung-jae, 1989. "Mode regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 337-349, November.
- Robert Tibshirani & Guenther Walther & Trevor Hastie, 2001. "Estimating the number of clusters in a data set via the gap statistic," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 63(2), pages 411-423.
- Lee, Myoung-jae, 1993. "Quadratic mode regression," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 57(1-3), pages 1-19.
- Jochen Einbeck & Gerhard Tutz, 2006. "Modelling beyond regression functions: an application of multimodal regression to speed-flow data," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 55(4), pages 461-475.
- repec:taf:gnstxx:v:24:y:2012:i:3:p:647-663 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sophie Dabo-Niang & Ali Laksaci, 2010. "Note on conditional mode estimation for functional dependent data," Statistica, Department of Statistics, University of Bologna, vol. 70(1), pages 83-94.
- Kemp, Gordon C.R. & Santos Silva, J.M.C., 2012. "Regression towards the mode," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 170(1), pages 92-101.
- Burman, Prabir & Polonik, Wolfgang, 2009. "Multivariate mode hunting: Data analytic tools with measures of significance," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(6), pages 1198-1218, July.
- Weixin Yao & Longhai Li, 2014. "A New Regression Model: Modal Linear Regression," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics;Finnish Statistical Society;Norwegian Statistical Association;Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 41(3), pages 656-671, September.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-10-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2017-10-22 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-ECM-2017-10-22 (Econometrics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1710.07004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.