Assessing the Basel II Internal Ratings-Based Approach: Empirical Evidence from Australia
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Merton, Robert C, 1974.
"On the Pricing of Corporate Debt: The Risk Structure of Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 29(2), pages 449-470, May.
- Merton, Robert C., 1973. "On the pricing of corporate debt: the risk structure of interest rates," Working papers 684-73., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- David E Allen & Robert Powell, 2012. "The fluctuating default risk of Australian banks," Australian Journal of Management, Australian School of Business, vol. 37(2), pages 297-325, August.
- Gordy, Michael B., 2003.
"A risk-factor model foundation for ratings-based bank capital rules,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 199-232, July.
- Michael B. Gordy, 2002. "A risk-factor model foundation for ratings-based bank capital rules," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2002-55, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- James Bishop & Christopher Kent & Michael Plumb & Vanessa Rayner, 2013. "The Resources Boom and the Australian Economy: A Sectoral Analysis," RBA Bulletin (Print copy discontinued), Reserve Bank of Australia, pages 39-50, March.
- Tony McDonald & Steven Morling, 2011. "The Australian economy and the global downturn, Part 1: Reasons for resilience," Economic Roundup, The Treasury, Australian Government, issue 2, pages 1-31, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- de Andrade, Fabio Wendling Muniz & Thomas, Lyn, 2007. "Structural models in consumer credit," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 183(3), pages 1569-1581, December.
- Xin Huang & Hao Zhou & Haibin Zhu, 2012.
"Systemic Risk Contributions,"
Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 42(1), pages 55-83, October.
- Arturo Cortés Aguilar, 2011. "Estimación del residual de un bono respaldado por hipotecas mediante un modelo de riesgo crédito: una comparación de resultados de la teoría de cópulas y el modelo IRB de Basilea II en datos del merca," Revista de Administración, Finanzas y Economía (Journal of Management, Finance and Economics), Tecnológico de Monterrey, Campus Ciudad de México, vol. 5(1), pages 50-64.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Til Schuermann & Bjorn-Jakob Treutler, 2007.
"Global Business Cycles and Credit Risk,"
NBER Chapters, in: The Risks of Financial Institutions, pages 419-474,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Til Schuermann & Björn-Jakob Treutler, 2005. "Global Business Cycles and Credit Risk," NBER Working Papers 11493, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M. Hashem Pesaran & Til Schuermann & Björn-Jakob Treutler, 2005. "Global Business Cycles and Credit Risk," CESifo Working Paper Series 1548, CESifo.
- Caterina Mendicino & Kalin Nikolov & Juan Rubio-Ramirez & Javier Suarez & Dominik Supera, 2020.
"Twin Default Crises,"
- Mendicino, Caterina & Nikolov, Kalin & Rubio-Ramírez, Juan Francisco & Suarez, Javier & Supera, Dominik, 2020. "Twin Default Crises," CEPR Discussion Papers 14427, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mendicino, Caterina & Nikolov, Kalin & Suarez, Javier & Supera, Dominik & Ramirez, Juan-Rubio, 2020. "Twin default crises," Working Paper Series 2414, European Central Bank.
- Caterina Mendicino & Kalin Nikolov & Juan Rubio-Ramirez & Javier Suarez, 2020. "Twin Default Crises," Working Papers 2020-01, FEDEA.
- Rainer Masera, 2014. "CRR/CRD IV: the trees and the forest," PSL Quarterly Review, Economia civile, vol. 67(271), pages 381-422.
- Andrea Cipollini & Giuseppe Missaglia, 2007.
"Dynamic Factor analysis of industry sector default rates and implication for Portfolio Credit Risk Modelling,"
Center for Economic Research (RECent)
007, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Cipollini, Andrea & Missaglia, Giuseppe, 2007. "Dynamic Factor analysis of industry sector default rates and implication for Portfolio Credit Risk Modelling," MPRA Paper 3582, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rosen, Dan & Saunders, David, 2009. "Analytical methods for hedging systematic credit risk with linear factor portfolios," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 37-52, January.
- Michael B. Imerman, 0. "When enough is not enough: bank capital and the Too-Big-To-Fail subsidy," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-36.
- Sylvia Gottschalk, 2016. "Entropy and credit risk in highly correlated markets," Papers 1604.07042, arXiv.org.
- Paul Kupiec, 2007. "Financial stability and Basel II," Annals of Finance, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 107-130, January.
- Hamerle, Alfred & Liebig, Thilo & Rösch, Daniel, 2003. "Credit Risk Factor Modeling and the Basel II IRB Approach," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2003,02, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Feng, D. & Gourieroux, C. & Jasiak, J., 2008.
"The ordered qualitative model for credit rating transitions,"
Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 111-130, January.
- Joan Jasiak & D. Feng & C. Gourieroux, 2006. "The Ordered Qualitative Model For Credit Rating Transitions," Working Papers 2006_2, York University, Department of Economics.
- Rösch, Daniel & Scheule, Harald, 2009.
"The Empirical Relation between Credit Quality, Recovery and Correlation,"
Hannover Economic Papers (HEP)
dp-418, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Daniel Rosch & Harald Scheule, 2009. "The Empirical Relation between Credit Quality, Recovery, and Correlation," Working Papers 222009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Pankaj Baag, 2014. "Predicting The Probability Of Default Using Asset Correlation Of A Loan Portfolio," Working papers 151, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
- Breuer, Thomas & Jandačka, Martin & Mencía, Javier & Summer, Martin, 2012.
"A systematic approach to multi-period stress testing of portfolio credit risk,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 332-340.
- Thomas Breuer & Martin Jandačka & Javier Mencía & Martin Summer, 2010. "A systematic approach to multi-period stress testing of portfolio credit risk," Working Papers 1018, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Kao, Lie-Jane, 2015. "A portfolio-invariant capital allocation scheme penalizing concentration risk," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 560-570.
- Yang, Bill Huajian, 2017. "Point-in-time PD term structure models for multi-period scenario loss projection: Methodologies and implementations for IFRS 9 ECL and CCAR stress testing," MPRA Paper 76271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gagliardini, Patrick & Gourieroux, Christian, 2014.
"Efficiency In Large Dynamic Panel Models With Common Factors,"
Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(5), pages 961-1020, October.
- Patrick GAGLIARDINI & Christian GOURIEROUX, 2009. "Efficiency in Large Dynamic Panel Models with Common Factor," Swiss Finance Institute Research Paper Series 09-12, Swiss Finance Institute.
- Patrick GAGLIARDINI & Christian GOURIEROUX, 2010. "Efficiency in Large Dynamic Panel Models with Common Factor," Working Papers 2010-05, Center for Research in Economics and Statistics.
- Marek Rutkowski & Silvio Tarca, 2014. "Regulatory Capital Modelling for Credit Risk," Papers 1412.1183, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2016.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BAN-2014-12-29 (Banking)
- NEP-CBA-2014-12-29 (Central Banking)
- NEP-FMK-2014-12-29 (Financial Markets)
- NEP-RMG-2014-12-29 (Risk Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1412.0064. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.