Dynamics of probabilistic labor markets: statistical physics perspective
We introduce a toy probabilistic model to analyze job-matching processes in recent Japanese labor markets for university graduates by means of statistical physics. We show that the aggregation probability of each company is rewritten by means of non-linear map under several conditions. Mathematical treatment of the map enables us to discuss the condition on which the rankings of arbitrary two companies are reversed during the dynamics. The so-called `mismatch' between students and companies is discussed from both empirical and theoretical viewpoints.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Publication status:||Published in Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems, Vol. 662, pp. 53-64, "Managing Market Complexity", Springer (2012)|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Equilibrium Unemployment Theory, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161877, July.
- Casares, Miguel & Moreno, Antonio & Vázquez, Jesús, 2014.
"An estimated New-Keynesian model with unemployment as excess supply of labor,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 338-359.
- Miguel Casares & Antonio Moreno & Jesús Vázquez, 2010. "An Estimated New-Keynesian Model with Unemployment as Excess Supply of Labor," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1003, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Miguel Casares & Antonio Moreno & JesÃºs VÃ¡zquez, 2012. "An Estimated New-Keynesian Model with Unemployment as Excess Supply of Labor," Faculty Working Papers 01/12, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Casares, Miguel & Moreno, Antonio & Vázquez Pérez, Jesús, 2012. "An Estimated New-Keynesian Model with Unemployment as Excess Supply of Labor," DFAEII Working Papers 2012-07, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Miguel Casares & Antonio Moreno & JesÃºs VÃ¡zquez, 2010. "An Estimated New-Keynesian Model with Unemployment as Excess Supply of Labor," Faculty Working Papers 09/10, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Savoiu, Gheorghe (ed.), 2012. "Econophysics," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 1, number 9780124046269.
- Roberto Gabriele, 2002. "Labor Market Dynamics and Institutions: an Evolutionary Approach," LEM Papers Series 2002/07, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1309.5158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.