Dynamics of probabilistic labor markets: statistical physics perspective
We introduce a toy probabilistic model to analyze job-matching processes in recent Japanese labor markets for university graduates by means of statistical physics. We show that the aggregation probability of each company is rewritten by means of non-linear map under several conditions. Mathematical treatment of the map enables us to discuss the condition on which the rankings of arbitrary two companies are reversed during the dynamics. The so-called `mismatch' between students and companies is discussed from both empirical and theoretical viewpoints.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Lecture Notes in Economics and Mathematical Systems, Vol. 662, pp. 53-64, "Managing Market Complexity", Springer (2012)|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Casares, Miguel & Vázquez Pérez, Jesús & Moreno, Antonio, 2012.
"An Estimated New-Keynesian Model with Unemployment as Excess Supply of Labor,"
DFAEII Working Papers
2012-07, University of the Basque Country - Department of Foundations of Economic Analysis II.
- Casares, Miguel & Moreno, Antonio & Vázquez, Jesús, 2014. "An estimated New-Keynesian model with unemployment as excess supply of labor," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 338-359.
- Miguel Casares & Antonio Moreno & Jesús Vázquez, 2012. "An Estimated New-Keynesian Model with Unemployment as Excess Supply of Labor," Faculty Working Papers 01/12, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Miguel Casares & Antonio Moreno & Jesús Vázquez, 2010. "An Estimated New-Keynesian Model with Unemployment as Excess Supply of Labor," Documentos de Trabajo - Lan Gaiak Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra 1003, Departamento de Economía - Universidad Pública de Navarra.
- Roberto Gabriele, 2002. "Labor Market Dynamics and Institutions: an Evolutionary Approach," LEM Papers Series 2002/07, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Christopher A. Pissarides, 2000. "Equilibrium Unemployment Theory, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262161877, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1309.5158. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.