Analyzing Herd Behavior in Global Stock Markets: An Intercontinental Comparison
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Narasimhan Jegadeesh & Woojin Kim, 2010.
"Do Analysts Herd? An Analysis of Recommendations and Market Reactions,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(2), pages 901-937, February.
- Narasimhan Jegadeesh & Woojin Kim, 2007. "Do Analysts Herd? An Analysis of Recommendations and Market Reactions," NBER Working Papers 12866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Amil Dasgupta & Andrea Prat & Michela Verardo, 2011.
"Institutional Trade Persistence and Long‐Term Equity Returns,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 66(2), pages 635-653, April.
- Dasgupta, Amil & Prat, Andrea & Verardo, Michela, 2007. "Institutional Trade Persistence and Long-Term Equity Returns," CEPR Discussion Papers 6374, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Amil Dasgupta & Andrea Prat & Michela Verardo, 2010. "Institutional Trade Persistence and Long-term Equity Returns," FMG Discussion Papers dp661, Financial Markets Group.
- David Hirshleifer & Siew Hong Teoh, 2003.
"Herd Behaviour and Cascading in Capital Markets: a Review and Synthesis,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 9(1), pages 25-66.
- Hirshleifer, David & Teoh, Siew Hong, 2001. "Herd Behavior and Cascading in Capital Markets: A Review and Synthesis," MPRA Paper 5186, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Myron S. Scholes, 2000. "Crisis and Risk Management," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 17-21, May.
- Chang, Eric C. & Cheng, Joseph W. & Khorana, Ajay, 2000. "An examination of herd behavior in equity markets: An international perspective," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1651-1679, October.
- Barrieu, Pauline & Scandolo, Giacomo, 2015. "Assessing financial model risk," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 242(2), pages 546-556.
- Dhaene, Jan & Linders, Daniël & Schoutens, Wim & Vyncke, David, 2012. "The Herd Behavior Index: A new measure for the implied degree of co-movement in stock markets," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 357-370.
- Andreas Walter & Friedrich Moritz Weber, 2006. "Herding in the German Mutual Fund Industry," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 12(3), pages 375-406.
- Paulo Horta & Carlos Mendes & Isabel Vieira, 2010.
"Contagion effects of the subprime crisis in the European NYSE Euronext markets,"
Portuguese Economic Journal,
Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 9(2), pages 115-140, August.
- Paulo Horta & Carlos Mendes & Isabel Vieira, 2009. "Contagion Effects of the Subprime Crisis in the European Nyse-Euronext Markets," CEFAGE-UE Working Papers 2009_01, University of Evora, CEFAGE-UE (Portugal).
- Nam, Hee Seok & Tang, Qihe & Yang, Fan, 2011. "Characterization of upper comonotonicity via tail convex order," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 368-373, May.
- Metiu, Norbert, 2012. "Sovereign risk contagion in the Eurozone," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 35-38.
- Chiang, Thomas C. & Zheng, Dazhi, 2010. "An empirical analysis of herd behavior in global stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1911-1921, August.
- Wang, Bin & Wang, Ruodu, 2011. "The complete mixability and convex minimization problems with monotone marginal densities," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 102(10), pages 1344-1360, November.
- Vasiliki D. Skintzi & Apostolos‐Paul N. Refenes, 2005. "Implied correlation index: A new measure of diversification," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(2), pages 171-197, February.
- Cheung, Ka Chun, 2008. "Characterization of comonotonicity using convex order," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 403-406, December.
- Baglioni, Angelo & Cherubini, Umberto, 2013. "Within and between systemic country risk. Theory and evidence from the sovereign crisis in Europe," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1581-1597.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jae Youn Ahn, 2015. "Negative Dependence Concept in Copulas and the Marginal Free Herd Behavior Index," Papers 1503.03180, arXiv.org.
- Lee, Woojoo & Ahn, Jae Youn, 2014. "On the multidimensional extension of countermonotonicity and its applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 68-79.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-23 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1308.3966. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.