Characterization of upper comonotonicity via tail convex order
In this paper, we show a characterization of upper comonotonicity via tail convex order. For any given marginal distributions, a maximal random vector with respect to tail convex order is proved to be upper comonotonic under suitable conditions. As an application, we consider the computation of the Haezendonck risk measure of the sum of upper comonotonic random variables with exponential marginal distributions.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cheung, Ka Chun, 2009. "Upper comonotonicity," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 35-40, August.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Dhaene, Jan & Tang, Qihe, 2004. "Some new classes of consistent risk measures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 505-516, June.
- Haezendonck, J. & Goovaerts, M., 1982. "A new premium calculation principle based on Orlicz norms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 41-53, January.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: applications," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 133-161, October.
- Dhaene, J. & Denuit, M. & Goovaerts, M. J. & Kaas, R. & Vyncke, D., 2002. "The concept of comonotonicity in actuarial science and finance: theory," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 3-33, August.
- Dong, Jing & Cheung, Ka Chun & Yang, Hailiang, 2010. "Upper comonotonicity and convex upper bounds for sums of random variables," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 159-166, October.
- Cheung, Ka Chun, 2010. "Characterizing a comonotonic random vector by the distribution of the sum of its components," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 130-136, October.
- Bellini, Fabio & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2008. "On Haezendonck risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 986-994, June.
- Cheung, Ka Chun, 2008. "Characterization of comonotonicity using convex order," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 403-406, December.
- Kaas, R. & Dhaene, J. & Vyncke, D. & Goovaerts, M.J. & Denuit, M., 2002. "A Simple Geometric Proof that Comonotonic Risks Have the Convex-Largest Sum," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 32(01), pages 71-80, May.
- Bellini Fabio & Rosazza Gianin Emanuela, 2008. "Optimal portfolios with Haezendonck risk measures," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 26(2), pages 89-108, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:48:y:2011:i:3:p:368-373. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.