Haezendonck–Goovaerts risk measures and Orlicz quantiles
In this paper, we study the well-known Haezendonck–Goovaerts risk measures on their natural domain, that is on Orlicz spaces and, in particular, on Orlicz hearts. We provide a dual representation as well as the optimal scenario in such a representation and investigate the properties of the minimizer xα∗ (that we call Orlicz quantile) in the definition of the Haezendonck–Goovaerts risk measure. Since Orlicz quantiles fail to satisfy an internality property, bilateral Orlicz quantiles are also introduced and analyzed.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 51 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chen, Zehua, 1996. "Conditional Lp-quantiles and their application to the testing of symmetry in non-parametric regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 107-115, August.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Dhaene, Jan & Tang, Qihe, 2004. "Some new classes of consistent risk measures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 505-516, June.
- Bellini Fabio & Rosazza Gianin Emanuela, 2008. "Optimal portfolios with Haezendonck risk measures," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 26(2), pages 89-108, March.
- Tang, Qihe & Yang, Fan, 2012. "On the Haezendonck–Goovaerts risk measure for extreme risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 217-227.
- Haezendonck, J. & Goovaerts, M., 1982. "A new premium calculation principle based on Orlicz norms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 41-53, January.
- Patrick Cheridito & Tianhui Li, 2009. "Risk Measures On Orlicz Hearts," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 189-214.
- Denis Belomestny & Volker KrÃ¤tschmer, 2010. "Central limit theorems for law-invariant coherent risk measures," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2010-052, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Pauline Barrieu & Nicole El Karoui, 2005. "Inf-convolution of risk measures and optimal risk transfer," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 269-298, 04.
- Bellini, Fabio & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2008. "On Haezendonck risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 986-994, June.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, December.
- Newey, Whitney K & Powell, James L, 1987. "Asymmetric Least Squares Estimation and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 819-847, July.
- Nam, Hee Seok & Tang, Qihe & Yang, Fan, 2011. "Characterization of upper comonotonicity via tail convex order," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 368-373, May.
- Filipovic, Damir & Kupper, Michael, 2007. "Monotone and cash-invariant convex functions and hulls," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-16, July.
- Krätschmer, Volker & Zähle, Henryk, 2011. "Sensitivity of risk measures with respect to the normal approximation of total claim distributions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 335-344.
- Rockafellar, R. Tyrrell & Uryasev, Stanislav, 2002. "Conditional value-at-risk for general loss distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1443-1471, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:51:y:2012:i:1:p:107-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.