Haezendonck–Goovaerts risk measures and Orlicz quantiles
In this paper, we study the well-known Haezendonck–Goovaerts risk measures on their natural domain, that is on Orlicz spaces and, in particular, on Orlicz hearts. We provide a dual representation as well as the optimal scenario in such a representation and investigate the properties of the minimizer xα∗ (that we call Orlicz quantile) in the definition of the Haezendonck–Goovaerts risk measure. Since Orlicz quantiles fail to satisfy an internality property, bilateral Orlicz quantiles are also introduced and analyzed.
Volume (Year): 51 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Rockafellar, R. Tyrrell & Uryasev, Stanislav, 2002. "Conditional value-at-risk for general loss distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1443-1471, July.
- Newey, Whitney K & Powell, James L, 1987. "Asymmetric Least Squares Estimation and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 819-47, July.
- Filipovic, Damir & Kupper, Michael, 2007. "Monotone and cash-invariant convex functions and hulls," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-16, July.
- Patrick Cheridito & Tianhui Li, 2009. "Risk Measures On Orlicz Hearts," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 189-214.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, December.
- Bellini, Fabio & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2008. "On Haezendonck risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 986-994, June.
- Pauline Barrieu & Nicole El Karoui, 2005. "Inf-convolution of risk measures and optimal risk transfer," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 269-298, 04.
- Denis Belomestny & Volker KrÃ¤tschmer, 2010. "Central limit theorems for law-invariant coherent risk measures," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2010-052, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Bellini Fabio & Rosazza Gianin Emanuela, 2008. "Optimal portfolios with Haezendonck risk measures," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 26(2), pages 89-108, March.
- Krätschmer, Volker & Zähle, Henryk, 2011. "Sensitivity of risk measures with respect to the normal approximation of total claim distributions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 335-344.
- Nam, Hee Seok & Tang, Qihe & Yang, Fan, 2011. "Characterization of upper comonotonicity via tail convex order," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 368-373, May.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Dhaene, Jan & Tang, Qihe, 2004. "Some new classes of consistent risk measures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 505-516, June.
- Chen, Zehua, 1996. "Conditional Lp-quantiles and their application to the testing of symmetry in non-parametric regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 107-115, August.
- Tang, Qihe & Yang, Fan, 2012. "On the Haezendonck–Goovaerts risk measure for extreme risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 217-227.
- Haezendonck, J. & Goovaerts, M., 1982. "A new premium calculation principle based on Orlicz norms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 41-53, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:51:y:2012:i:1:p:107-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamier, Wendy)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.