Haezendonck–Goovaerts risk measures and Orlicz quantiles
In this paper, we study the well-known Haezendonck–Goovaerts risk measures on their natural domain, that is on Orlicz spaces and, in particular, on Orlicz hearts. We provide a dual representation as well as the optimal scenario in such a representation and investigate the properties of the minimizer xα∗ (that we call Orlicz quantile) in the definition of the Haezendonck–Goovaerts risk measure. Since Orlicz quantiles fail to satisfy an internality property, bilateral Orlicz quantiles are also introduced and analyzed.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 51 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505554|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chen, Zehua, 1996. "Conditional Lp-quantiles and their application to the testing of symmetry in non-parametric regression," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 107-115, August.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005.
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521845731, January.
- Koenker,Roger, 2005. "Quantile Regression," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521608275, January.
- Roger Koenker & Kevin F. Hallock, 2001. "Quantile Regression," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 15(4), pages 143-156, Fall.
- Bellini, Fabio & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2008. "On Haezendonck risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 986-994, June.
- Krätschmer, Volker & Zähle, Henryk, 2011. "Sensitivity of risk measures with respect to the normal approximation of total claim distributions," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 335-344.
- Bellini Fabio & Rosazza Gianin Emanuela, 2008. "Optimal portfolios with Haezendonck risk measures," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 26(2), pages 89-108, March.
- Tang, Qihe & Yang, Fan, 2012. "On the Haezendonck–Goovaerts risk measure for extreme risks," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 217-227.
- Pauline Barrieu & Nicole El Karoui, 2005. "Inf-convolution of risk measures and optimal risk transfer," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 269-298, 04.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Dhaene, Jan & Tang, Qihe, 2004. "Some new classes of consistent risk measures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 505-516, June.
- Nam, Hee Seok & Tang, Qihe & Yang, Fan, 2011. "Characterization of upper comonotonicity via tail convex order," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 368-373, May.
- Filipovic, Damir & Kupper, Michael, 2007. "Monotone and cash-invariant convex functions and hulls," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 1-16, July.
- Denis Belomestny & Volker KrÃ¤tschmer, 2010. "Central limit theorems for law-invariant coherent risk measures," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2010-052, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Haezendonck, J. & Goovaerts, M., 1982. "A new premium calculation principle based on Orlicz norms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 41-53, January.
- Patrick Cheridito & Tianhui Li, 2009. "Risk Measures On Orlicz Hearts," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 19(2), pages 189-214.
- Newey, Whitney K & Powell, James L, 1987. "Asymmetric Least Squares Estimation and Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(4), pages 819-847, July.
- Rockafellar, R. Tyrrell & Uryasev, Stanislav, 2002. "Conditional value-at-risk for general loss distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1443-1471, July. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:insuma:v:51:y:2012:i:1:p:107-114. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.