On Haezendonck risk measures
We study the Haezendonck risk measure (introduced by [Haezendonck, J., Goovaerts, M., 1982. A new premium calculation principle based on Orlicz norms. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics 1, 41-53] and by [Goovaerts, M.J., Kaas, R., Dhaene, J., Tang, Q., 2003. A unified approach to generate risk measures. ASTIN Bulletin 33 (2), 173-191; Goovaerts, M.J., Kaas, R., Dhaene, J., Tang, Q., 2004. Some new classes of consistent risk measures. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics 34 (3), 505-516]) and prove its subadditivity. Since the Haezendonck risk measure is defined as an infimum of Orlicz premia, we investigate when the infimum is actually attained. We determine the corresponding generalized scenarios and show how its construction can be seen as a special case of the operation of inf-convolution of convex functionals.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Elyès Jouini & Walter Schachermayer & Nizar Touzi, 2006. "Law Invariant Risk Measures Have the Fatou Property," Post-Print halshs-00176522, HAL.
- Erio Castagnoli & Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci, 2004.
"Choquet Insurance Pricing: A Caveat,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 481-485.
- Andrzej Ruszczynski & Alexander Shapiro, 2004. "Optimization of Convex Risk Functions," Risk and Insurance 0404001, EconWPA, revised 08 Oct 2005.
- Rockafellar, R. Tyrrell & Uryasev, Stanislav, 2002. "Conditional value-at-risk for general loss distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1443-1471, July.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/342 is not listed on IDEAS
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Dhaene, Jan & Tang, Qihe, 2003. "A Unified Approach to Generate Risk Measures," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(02), pages 173-191, November.
- Pauline Barrieu & Nicole El Karoui, 2005. "Inf-convolution of risk measures and optimal risk transfer," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 269-298, 04.
- Frittelli, Marco & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2002. "Putting order in risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1473-1486, July.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Dhaene, Jan & Tang, Qihe, 2004. "Some new classes of consistent risk measures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 505-516, June.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
- Haezendonck, J. & Goovaerts, M., 1982. "A new premium calculation principle based on Orlicz norms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 41-53, January.
- Denuit Michel & Dhaene Jan & Goovaerts Marc & Kaas Rob & Laeven Roger, 2006. "Risk measurement with equivalent utility principles," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 25, July.
- Bühlmann, H. & Gagliardi, B. & Gerber, H. U. & Straub, E., 1977. "Some Inequalities for Stop-Loss Premiums," ASTIN Bulletin: The Journal of the International Actuarial Association, Cambridge University Press, vol. 9(1-2), pages 75-83, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:32:y:2008:i:6:p:986-994. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.