On Haezendonck risk measures
We study the Haezendonck risk measure (introduced by [Haezendonck, J., Goovaerts, M., 1982. A new premium calculation principle based on Orlicz norms. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics 1, 41-53] and by [Goovaerts, M.J., Kaas, R., Dhaene, J., Tang, Q., 2003. A unified approach to generate risk measures. ASTIN Bulletin 33 (2), 173-191; Goovaerts, M.J., Kaas, R., Dhaene, J., Tang, Q., 2004. Some new classes of consistent risk measures. Insurance: Mathematics and Economics 34 (3), 505-516]) and prove its subadditivity. Since the Haezendonck risk measure is defined as an infimum of Orlicz premia, we investigate when the infimum is actually attained. We determine the corresponding generalized scenarios and show how its construction can be seen as a special case of the operation of inf-convolution of convex functionals.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pauline Barrieu & Nicole El Karoui, 2005. "Inf-convolution of risk measures and optimal risk transfer," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 269-298, 04.
- Denuit Michel & Dhaene Jan & Goovaerts Marc & Kaas Rob & Laeven Roger, 2006. "Risk measurement with equivalent utility principles," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 24(1/2006), pages 25, July.
- Andrzej Ruszczynski & Alexander Shapiro, 2004. "Optimization of Convex Risk Functions," Risk and Insurance 0404001, EconWPA, revised 08 Oct 2005.
- Touzi, Nizar & Schachermayer, Walter & Jouini, Elyès, 2006. "Law Invariant Risk Measures Have the Fatou Property," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/342, Paris Dauphine University.
- Frittelli, Marco & Rosazza Gianin, Emanuela, 2002. "Putting order in risk measures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1473-1486, July.
- Haezendonck, J. & Goovaerts, M., 1982. "A new premium calculation principle based on Orlicz norms," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 41-53, January.
- Erio Castagnoli & Fabio Maccheroni & Massimo Marinacci, 2004.
"Choquet Insurance Pricing: A Caveat,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 14(3), pages 481-485.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Rockafellar, R. Tyrrell & Uryasev, Stanislav, 2002. "Conditional value-at-risk for general loss distributions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(7), pages 1443-1471, July.
- Elyès Jouini & Walter Schachermayer & Nizar Touzi, 2006. "Law Invariant Risk Measures Have the Fatou Property," Post-Print halshs-00176522, HAL.
- Hans Föllmer & Alexander Schied, 2002. "Convex measures of risk and trading constraints," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 429-447.
- Goovaerts, Marc J. & Kaas, Rob & Dhaene, Jan & Tang, Qihe, 2004. "Some new classes of consistent risk measures," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 505-516, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jbfina:v:32:y:2008:i:6:p:986-994. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.