Asymptotics for Fixed Transaction Costs
An investor with constant relative risk aversion trades a safe and several risky assets with constant investment opportunities. For a small fixed transaction cost, levied on each trade regardless of its size, we explicitly determine the leading-order corrections to the frictionless value function and optimal policy.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hong Liu, 2004. "Optimal Consumption and Investment with Transaction Costs and Multiple Risky Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(1), pages 289-338, 02.
- Constantinides, George M, 1986. "Capital Market Equilibrium with Transaction Costs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 842-62, August.
- Karel Janeček & Steven Shreve, 2004. "Asymptotic analysis for optimal investment and consumption with transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 181-206, 05.
- Mathieu Rosenbaum & Peter Tankov, 2011. "Asymptotically optimal discretization of hedging strategies with jumps," Papers 1108.5940, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2014.
- Anthony W. Lynch & Pierluigi Balduzzi, 1998.
"Predictability and Transaction Costs: The Impact on Rebalancing Rules and Behavior,"
New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires
98-049, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Anthony W. Lynch & Pierluigi Balduzzi, 2000. "Predictability and Transaction Costs: The Impact on Rebalancing Rules and Behavior," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(5), pages 2285-2309, October.
- Dumas, Bernard & Luciano, Elisa, 1991. " An Exact Solution to a Dynamic Portfolio Choice Problem under Transactions Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 577-95, June.
- Magill, Michael J. P. & Constantinides, George M., 1976. "Portfolio selection with transactions costs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 245-263, October.
- Jan Kallsen & Johannes Muhle-Karbe, 2013. "The General Structure of Optimal Investment and Consumption with Small Transaction Costs," Papers 1303.3148, arXiv.org, revised May 2015.
- Ralf Korn, 1998. "Portfolio optimisation with strictly positive transaction costs and impulse control," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(2), pages 85-114.
- Kumar Muthuraman & Sunil Kumar, 2006. "Multidimensional Portfolio Optimization With Proportional Transaction Costs," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(2), pages 301-335.
- A. E. Whalley & P. Wilmott, 1997. "An Asymptotic Analysis of an Optimal Hedging Model for Option Pricing with Transaction Costs," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 307-324.
- Richard J. Martin, 2012. "Optimal multifactor trading under proportional transaction costs," Papers 1204.6488, arXiv.org.
- Anthony W. Lynch & Sinan Tan, 2011. "Explaining the Magnitude of Liquidity Premia: The Roles of Return Predictability, Wealth Shocks, and State‐Dependent Transaction Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 66(4), pages 1329-1368, 08.
- C. Atkinson & P. Wilmott, 1995. "Portfolio Management With Transaction Costs: An Asymptotic Analysis Of The Morton And Pliska Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(4), pages 357-367.
- Balduzzi, Pierluigi & Lynch, Anthony W., 1999. "Transaction costs and predictability: some utility cost calculations," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 47-78, April.
- Bertsimas, Dimitris & Kogan, Leonid & Lo, Andrew W., 2000. "When is time continuous?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 173-204, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1306.2802. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.