Asymptotic Analysis for Optimal Investment in Finite Time with Transaction Costs
We consider an agent who invests in a stock and a money market account with the goal of maximizing the utility of his investment at the final time T in the presence of a proportional transaction cost. The utility function considered is power utility. We provide a heuristic and a rigorous derivation of the asymptotic expansion of the value function in powers of transaction cost parameter. We also obtain a "nearly optimal" strategy, whose utility asymptotically matches the leading terms in the value function.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cvitanic, Jaksa & Wang, Hui, 2001. "On optimal terminal wealth under transaction costs," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 223-231, April.
- Y.M. Kabanov, 1999. "Hedging and liquidation under transaction costs in currency markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 237-248.
- George M. Constantinides & Thaleia Zariphopoulou, .
"Bounds on Prices of Contingent Claims in an Intertemporal Economy with Proportional Transaction Costs and General Preferences,"
CRSP working papers
347, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- (*), Thaleia Zariphopoulou & George M. Constantinides, 1999. "Bounds on prices of contingent claims in an intertemporal economy with proportional transaction costs and general preferences," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 345-369.
- Karel Janeček & Steven Shreve, 2004. "Asymptotic analysis for optimal investment and consumption with transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 181-206, 05.
- Magill, Michael J. P. & Constantinides, George M., 1976. "Portfolio selection with transactions costs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 245-263, October.
- Jaksa Cvitanić & Ioannis Karatzas, 1996. "HEDGING AND PORTFOLIO OPTIMIZATION UNDER TRANSACTION COSTS: A MARTINGALE APPROACH-super-2," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 133-165.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1112.2749. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.