Hedging under an expected loss constraint with small transaction costs
We consider the problem of option hedging in a market with proportional transaction costs. Since super-replication is very costly in such markets, we replace perfect hedging with an expected loss constraint. Asymptotic analysis for small transactions is used to obtain a tractable model. A general expansion theory is developed using the dynamic programming approach. Explicit formulae are also obtained in the special cases of an exponential or power loss function. As a corollary, we retrieve the asymptotics for the exponential utility indifference price.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Possamaï, Dylan & Soner, H. Mete & Touzi, Nizar, 2012. "Large liquidity expansion of super-hedging costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/5526, Paris Dauphine University.
- Bouchard, Bruno & Touzi, Nizar, 2000. "Explicit Solution of the Multivariate Super-Replication Problem under Transaction Costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1533, Paris Dauphine University.
- Halil Mete Soner & Guy Barles, 1998. "Option pricing with transaction costs and a nonlinear Black-Scholes equation," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 369-397.
- Bouchard, Bruno, 2002. "Utility Maximization on the Real Line under Proportional Transaction Costs," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1532, Paris Dauphine University.
- Dylan Possama\"i & Nizar Touzi & H. Mete Soner, 2012. "Large liquidity expansion of super-hedging costs," Papers 1208.3785, arXiv.org, revised Apr 2015.
- Karel Janeček & Steven Shreve, 2004. "Asymptotic analysis for optimal investment and consumption with transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(2), pages 181-206, 05.
- Hans FÃllmer & Peter Leukert, 1999. "Quantile hedging," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 251-273.
- A. E. Whalley & P. Wilmott, 1997. "An Asymptotic Analysis of an Optimal Hedging Model for Option Pricing with Transaction Costs," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 307-324.
- Y.M. Kabanov, 1999. "Hedging and liquidation under transaction costs in currency markets," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 237-248.
- H. Mete Soner & Nizar Touzi, 2012. "Homogenization and asymptotics for small transaction costs," Papers 1202.6131, arXiv.org, revised Jun 2013.
- Bruno Bouchard & Marcel Nutz, 2011. "Weak Dynamic Programming for Generalized State Constraints," Papers 1105.0745, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2012.
- Constantinides, George M, 1986. "Capital Market Equilibrium with Transaction Costs," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 842-62, August.
- C. Atkinson & S. Mokkhavesa, 2004. "Multi-asset portfolio optimization with transaction cost," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(2), pages 95-123.
- Bruno Bouchard, 2002. "Utility maximization on the real line under proportional transaction costs," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 495-516.
- Dumas, Bernard & Luciano, Elisa, 1991. " An Exact Solution to a Dynamic Portfolio Choice Problem under Transactions Costs," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(2), pages 577-95, June.
- Magill, Michael J. P. & Constantinides, George M., 1976. "Portfolio selection with transactions costs," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 245-263, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1309.4916. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.