Malliavin calculus method for asymptotic expansion of dual control problems
We develop a technique based on Malliavin-Bismut calculus ideas, for asymptotic expansion of dual control problems arising in connection with exponential indifference valuation of claims, and with minimisation of relative entropy, in incomplete markets. The problems involve optimisation of a functional of Brownian paths on Wiener space, with the paths perturbed by a drift involving the control. In addition there is a penalty term in which the control features quadratically. The drift perturbation is interpreted as a measure change using the Girsanov theorem, leading to a form of the integration by parts formula in which a directional derivative on Wiener space is computed. This allows for asymptotic analysis of the control problem. Applications to incomplete It\^o process markets are given, in which indifference prices are approximated in the low risk aversion limit. We also give an application to identifying the minimal entropy martingale measure as a perturbation to the minimal martingale measure in stochastic volatility models.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stefan Ankirchner & Gregor Heyne, 2012. "Cross hedging with stochastic correlation," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 16(1), pages 17-43, January.
- Kallsen Jan & Rheinländer Thorsten, 2011. "Asymptotic utility-based pricing and hedging for exponential utility," Statistics & Risk Modeling, De Gruyter, vol. 28(1), pages 17-36, March.
- Kramkov, D. & Sîrbu, M., 2007. "Asymptotic analysis of utility-based hedging strategies for small number of contingent claims," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(11), pages 1606-1620, November.
- Sara Biagini & Marco Frittelli, 2007. "The supermartingale property of the optimal wealth process for general semimartingales," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 253-266, April.
- Vicky Henderson, 2002. "Valuation Of Claims On Nontraded Assets Using Utility Maximization," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(4), pages 351-373.
- Vicky Henderson & Gechun Liang, 2011. "A Multidimensional Exponential Utility Indifference Pricing Model with Applications to Counterparty Risk," Papers 1111.3856, arXiv.org, revised May 2014.
- Marco Frittelli, 2000. "The Minimal Entropy Martingale Measure and the Valuation Problem in Incomplete Markets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 39-52.
- Michael Monoyios, 2004. "Performance of utility-based strategies for hedging basis risk," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(3), pages 245-255.
- Becherer, Dirk, 2003. "Rational hedging and valuation of integrated risks under constant absolute risk aversion," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 1-28, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1209.6497. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.