Utility maximisation and utility indifference price for exponential semi-martingale models with random factor
We consider utility maximization problem for semi-martingale models depending on a random factor $\xi$. We reduce initial maximization problem to the conditional one, given $\xi=u$, which we solve using dual approach. For HARA utilities we consider information quantities like Kullback-Leibler information and Hellinger integrals, and corresponding information processes. As a particular case we study exponential Levy models depending on random factor. In that case the information processes are deterministic and this fact simplify very much indifference price calculus. Then we give the equations for indifference prices. We show that indifference price for seller and minus indifference price for buyer are risk measures. Finally, we apply the results to Geometric Brownian motion case. Using identity in law technique we give the explicit expression for information quantities. Then, the previous formulas for indifference price can be applied.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Esche, Felix & Schweizer, Martin, 2005. "Minimal entropy preserves the Lévy property: how and why," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 299-327, February.
- Albert N. Shiryaev & Jan Kallsen, 2002. "The cumulant process and Esscher's change of measure," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 397-428.
- Thomas Goll & Ludger Rüschendorf, 2001. "Minimax and minimal distance martingale measures and their relationship to portfolio optimization," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 557-581.
- Marco Frittelli, 2000. "The Minimal Entropy Martingale Measure and the Valuation Problem in Incomplete Markets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(1), pages 39-52.
- Kramkov, D. & Sîrbu, M., 2007. "Asymptotic analysis of utility-based hedging strategies for small number of contingent claims," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 117(11), pages 1606-1620, November.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1303.1134. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.