Option Pricing for Symmetric L\'evy Returns with Applications
This paper considers options pricing when the assumption of normality is replaced with that of the symmetry of the underlying distribution. Such a market affords many equivalent martingale measures (EMM). However we argue (as in the discrete-time setting of Klebaner and Landsman, 2007) that an EMM that keeps distributions within the same family is a "natural" choice. We obtain Black-Scholes type option pricing formulae for symmetric Variance-Gamma and symmetric Normal Inverse Gaussian models.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Peter Carr & Liuren Wu, 2002.
"Time-Changed Levy Processes and Option Pricing,"
- Eric Benhamou, 2002. "Option pricing with Levy Process," Finance 0212006, EconWPA.
- Thomas Goll & Ludger Rüschendorf, 2001. "Minimax and minimal distance martingale measures and their relationship to portfolio optimization," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 557-581.
- JosE Fajardo & Ernesto Mordecki, 2006. "Symmetry and duality in Levy markets," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 6(3), pages 219-227.
- Küchler, Uwe & Tappe, Stefan, 2008. "Bilateral gamma distributions and processes in financial mathematics," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 118(2), pages 261-283, February.
- Albert N. Shiryaev & Jan Kallsen, 2002. "The cumulant process and Esscher's change of measure," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 397-428.
- Ernst Eberlein & Jean Jacod, 1997. "On the range of options prices (*)," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 131-140.
- Blattberg, Robert C & Gonedes, Nicholas J, 1974. "A Comparison of the Stable and Student Distributions as Statistical Models for Stock Prices," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 47(2), pages 244-280, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1402.1554. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.