A CDS Option Miscellany
CDS options allow investors to express a view on spread volatility and obtain a wider range of payoffs than are possible with vanilla CDS. We give a detailed exposition of different types of single-name CDS option, including options with upfront protection payment, recovery options and recovery swaps, and also presents a new formula for the index option. The emphasis is on using the Black-76 formula where possible and ensuring consistency within asset classes. In the framework shown here the `armageddon event' does not require special attention.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Damiano Brigo & Naoufel El-Bachir, 2008.
"An exact formula for default swaptions' pricing in the SSRJD stochastic intensity model,"
- Damiano Brigo & Naoufel El-Bachir, 2007. "An exact formula for default swaptions’ pricing in the SSRJD stochastic intensity model," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2007-14, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Carlos González-Aguado & Max Bruche, 2006.
"Recovery Rates, Default Probabilities and the Credit Cycle,"
FMG Discussion Papers
dp572, Financial Markets Group.
- Bruche, Max & González-Aguado, Carlos, 2010. "Recovery rates, default probabilities, and the credit cycle," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 754-764, April.
- Max Bruche & Carlos Gonzalez-Aguado, 2006. "Recovery rates, default probabilities and the credit cycle," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 24524, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Max Bruche & Carlos González Aguado, 2006. "Recovery Rates, Default Probabilities And The Credit Cycle," Working Papers wp2006_0612, CEMFI.
- Dirk Tasche, 2004. "The single risk factor approach to capital charges in case of correlated loss given default rates," Papers cond-mat/0402390, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2004.
- Hatem Ben-Ameur & Damiano Brigo & Eymen Errais, 2009. "A dynamic programming approach for pricing CDS and CDS options," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(6), pages 717-726.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:1201.0111. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.