An analytically tractable time-changed jump-diffusion default intensity model
We present a stochastic default intensity model where the intensity follows a tractable jump-diffusion process obtained by applying a deterministic change of time to a non mean-reverting square root jump-diffusion process. The model generates higher implied volatilities for default swaptions than mean-reverting versions, consistent with volatility levels observed on the market.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2008|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PO Box 218, Whiteknights, Reading, Berks, RG6 6AA|
Phone: +44 (0) 118 378 8226
Fax: +44 (0) 118 975 0236
Web page: http://www.henley.reading.ac.uk/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 2000.
"Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 68(6), pages 1343-1376, November.
- Darrell Duffie & Jun Pan & Kenneth Singleton, 1999. "Transform Analysis and Asset Pricing for Affine Jump-Diffusions," NBER Working Papers 7105, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Damiano Brigo & Naoufel El-Bachir, 2008.
"An exact formula for default swaptions' pricing in the SSRJD stochastic intensity model,"
- Damiano Brigo & Naoufel El-Bachir, 2007. "An exact formula for default swaptions’ pricing in the SSRJD stochastic intensity model," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2007-14, Henley Business School, Reading University.
- Farshid Jamshidian, 2004. "Valuation of credit default swaps and swaptions," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 343-371, 08.
- Damiano Brigo & Aurélien Alfonsi, 2005. "Credit default swap calibration and derivatives pricing with the SSRD stochastic intensity model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 29-42, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rdg:icmadp:icma-dp2008-06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marie Pearson)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.