Old and new approaches to LIBOR modeling
In this article, we review the construction and properties of some popular approaches to modeling LIBOR rates. We discuss the following frameworks: classical LIBOR market models, forward price models and Markov-functional models. We close with the recently developed affine LIBOR models.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2009|
|Date of revision:||Apr 2010|
|Publication status:||Published in Statistica Neerlandica 2010, Vol. 64, No. 3, 257-275|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paul Glasserman & S. G. Kou, 2003. "The Term Structure of Simple Forward Rates with Jump Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 383-410.
- Denis Belomestny & John Schoenmakers, 2010.
"A jump-diffusion Libor model and its robust calibration,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(4), pages 529-546.
- Denis Belomestny & John Schoenmakers, 2006. "A jump-diffusion Libor model and its robust calibration," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2006-037, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Erik Schlögl, 2002.
"A multicurrency extension of the lognormal interest rate Market Models,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 173-196.
- Erik Schlögl, 1999. "A Multicurrency Extension of the Lognormal Interest Rate Market Models," Research Paper Series 20, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Black, Fischer, 1976. "The pricing of commodity contracts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 167-179.
- Mark Joshi & Alan Stacey, 2008. "New and robust drift approximations for the LIBOR market model," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 427-434.
- Joanne Kennedy & Phil Hunt & Antoon Pelsser, 2000. "Markov-functional interest rate models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 391-408.
- Miltersen, Kristian R & Sandmann, Klaus & Sondermann, Dieter, 1997.
" Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 409-30, March.
- Miltersen, K. & K. Sandmann & D. Sondermann, 1994. "Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates," Discussion Paper Serie B 308, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Lotz, Christopher & Schlogl, Lutz, 2000. "Default risk in a market model," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(1-2), pages 301-327, January.
- Farshid Jamshidian, 1997. "LIBOR and swap market models and measures (*)," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 293-330.
- Martin Keller-Ressel & Antonis Papapantoleon & Josef Teichmann, 2009. "The affine LIBOR models," Papers 0904.0555, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2011.
- Robert Jarrow & Haitao Li & Feng Zhao, 2007. "Interest Rate Caps "Smile" Too! But Can the LIBOR Market Models Capture the Smile?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(1), pages 345-382, 02.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0910.4941. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.