Strong Taylor approximation of stochastic differential equations and application to the L\'evy LIBOR model
In this article we develop a method for the strong approximation of stochastic differential equations (SDEs) driven by L\'evy processes or general semimartingales. The main ingredients of our method is the perturbation of the SDE and the Taylor expansion of the resulting parameterized curve. We apply this method to develop strong approximation schemes for LIBOR market models. In particular, we derive fast and precise algorithms for the valuation of derivatives in LIBOR models which are more tractable than the simulation of the full SDE. A numerical example for the L\'evy LIBOR model illustrates our method.
|Date of creation:||Jun 2009|
|Date of revision:||Oct 2010|
|Publication status:||Published in Proceedings of the Actuarial and Financial Mathematics Conference, pp. 47-62, 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Tim Dunn & Erik Schlögl & Geoff Barton, 2000. "Simulated Swaption Delta-Hedging in the Lognormal Forward Libor Model," Research Paper Series 40, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Paul Glasserman & S. G. Kou, 2003. "The Term Structure of Simple Forward Rates with Jump Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(3), pages 383-410.
- Ernst Eberlein & Fehmi Özkan, 2005. "The Lévy LIBOR model," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 327-348, 07.
- Mark Joshi & Alan Stacey, 2008. "New and robust drift approximations for the LIBOR market model," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 427-434.
- Erik Schlögl, 2002.
"A multicurrency extension of the lognormal interest rate Market Models,"
Finance and Stochastics,
Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 173-196.
- Erik Schlögl, 1999. "A Multicurrency Extension of the Lognormal Interest Rate Market Models," Research Paper Series 20, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Black, Fischer, 1976. "The pricing of commodity contracts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(1-2), pages 167-179.
- Nicolas Merener & Paul Glasserman, 2003. "Numerical solution of jump-diffusion LIBOR market models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 1-27.
- Maria Siopacha & Josef Teichmann, 2007. "Weak and Strong Taylor methods for numerical solutions of stochastic differential equations," Papers 0704.0745, arXiv.org.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0906.5581. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.