Stochastic Volatility Models Including Open, Close, High and Low Prices
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Enrique Ter Horst & Abel Rodriguez & Henryk Gzyl & German Molina, 2012. "Stochastic volatility models including open, close, high and low prices," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 199-212, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Carvalho, Carlos M. & Lopes, Hedibert F., 2007. "Simulation-based sequential analysis of Markov switching stochastic volatility models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(9), pages 4526-4542, May.
- Parkinson, Michael, 1980. "The Extreme Value Method for Estimating the Variance of the Rate of Return," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 61-65, January.
- Ball, Clifford A & Torous, Walter N, 1984. "The Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Security Price Volatility: Theory, Evidence, and Application to Option Pricing," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 57(1), pages 97-112, January.
- Garman, Mark B & Klass, Michael J, 1980. "On the Estimation of Security Price Volatilities from Historical Data," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 53(1), pages 67-78, January.
- Jacquier, Eric & Polson, Nicholas G & Rossi, Peter E, 2002. "Bayesian Analysis of Stochastic Volatility Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 69-87, January.
- Malik Magdon-Ismail & Amir Atiya, 2003. "A maximum likelihood approach to volatility estimation for a Brownian motion using high, low and close price data," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 3(5), pages 376-384.
- Benoit Mandelbrot, 2015. "The Variation of Certain Speculative Prices," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE WORLD SCIENTIFIC HANDBOOK OF FUTURES MARKETS, chapter 3, pages 39-78 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, 1998. "Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference and Comparison with ARCH Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 361-393.
- repec:bla:restud:v:65:y:1998:i:3:p:361-93 is not listed on IDEAS
- Officer, R R, 1973. "The Variability of the Market Factor of the New York Stock Exchange," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 46(3), pages 434-453, July.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," EERI Research Paper Series EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- L. C. G. Rogers & Fanyin Zhou, 2008. "Estimating correlation from high, low, opening and closing prices," Papers 0804.0162, arXiv.org.
- Jean-Michel Courtault & Yuri Kabanov & Bernard Bru & Pierre Crépel & Isabelle Lebon & Arnaud Le Marchand, 2000.
"Louis Bachelier on the Centenary of "Théorie de la Spéculation","
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(3), pages 339-353.
- Jean-Michel Courtault & Youri Kabanov & Bernard Bru & Pierre Crepel & Isabelle Lebon & Arnaud Le Marchand, 2000. "Louis Bachelier On the centenary of Théorie de la Spéculation," Post-Print halshs-00447592, HAL.
- G. Huerta & M. West, 1999. "Priors and component structures in autoregressive time series models," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 61(4), pages 881-899.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/5374 is not listed on IDEAS
- L. C. G. Rogers, 1998. "Volatility Estimation with Price Quanta," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(3), pages 277-290.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kumar, Dilip & Maheswaran, S., 2014. "A reflection principle for a random walk with implications for volatility estimation using extreme values of asset prices," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 33-44.
- Dilip Kumar, 2016. "Estimating and forecasting value-at-risk using the unbiased extreme value volatility estimator," Proceedings of Economics and Finance Conferences 3205528, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- repec:spr:jqecon:v:15:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s40953-016-0054-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:exl:25engi:v:28:y:2017:i:2:p:162-169 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kazemilari, Mansooreh & Djauhari, Maman Abdurachman, 2015. "Correlation network analysis for multi-dimensional data in stocks market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 429(C), pages 62-75.
- Maheswaran, S. & Kumar, Dilip, 2013. "An automatic bias correction procedure for volatility estimation using extreme values of asset prices," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 701-712.
- Kumar, Dilip & Maheswaran, S., 2014. "Modeling and forecasting the additive bias corrected extreme value volatility estimator," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 166-176.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0901.1315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .