An Adaptive Markov Chain Monte Carlo Method for GARCH Model
We propose a method to construct a proposal density for the Metropolis-Hastings algorithm in Markov Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC) simulations of the GARCH model. The proposal density is constructed adaptively by using the data sampled by the MCMC metho d itself. It turns out that autocorrelations between the data generated with our adaptive proposal density are greatly reduced. Thus it is concluded that the adaptive construction method is very efficient and works well for the MCMC simulations of the GARCH model.
|Date of creation:||Jan 2009|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering. Complex Sciences, vol. 5 (2009) 1424-1434|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://arxiv.org/|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Luc Bauwens & Michel Lubrano, 1998.
"Bayesian inference on GARCH models using the Gibbs sampler,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 1(Conferenc), pages C23-C46.
- Bauwens, L. & Lubrano, M., . "Bayesian inference on GARCH models using the Gibbs sampler," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1307, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bauwens, L. & Lubrano, M., 1996. "Bayesian Inference on GARCH Models Using the Gibbs Sampler," G.R.E.Q.A.M. 96a21, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- BAUWENs, Luc & LUBRANOÂ , Michel, 1996. "Bayesian Inference on GARCH Models using the Gibbs Sampler," CORE Discussion Papers 1996027, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sangjoon Kim & Neil Shephard & Siddhartha Chib, 1998. "Stochastic Volatility: Likelihood Inference and Comparison with ARCH Models," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 65(3), pages 361-393.
- Tetsuya Takaishi, 2005. "Simulations of financial markets in a Potts-like model," Papers cond-mat/0503156, arXiv.org.
- Kaizoji, Taisei & Bornholdt, Stefan & Fujiwara, Yoshi, 2002.
"Dynamics of price and trading volume in a spin model of stock markets with heterogeneous agents,"
Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications,
Elsevier, vol. 316(1), pages 441-452.
- Taisei Kaizoji & Stefan Bornholdt & Yoshi Fujiwara, 2002. "Dynamics of price and trading volume in a spin model of stock markets with heterogeneous agents," Papers cond-mat/0207253, arXiv.org.
- R. Cont, 2001. "Empirical properties of asset returns: stylized facts and statistical issues," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(2), pages 223-236.
- K. Sznajd-Weron & R. Weron, 2000. "A simple model of price formation," Papers cond-mat/0101001, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2001.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Engle, Robert F, 1982. "Autoregressive Conditional Heteroscedasticity with Estimates of the Variance of United Kingdom Inflation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(4), pages 987-1007, July.
- Nakatsuma, Teruo, 2000. "Bayesian analysis of ARMA-GARCH models: A Markov chain sampling approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 57-69, March.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0901.0992. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.