How to quantify the influence of correlations on investment diversification
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jorion, Philippe, 1985. "International Portfolio Diversification with Estimation Risk," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(3), pages 259-278, July.
- Myron S. Scholes, 2000. "Crisis and Risk Management," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(2), pages 17-21, May.
- William N. Goetzmann & Alok Kumar, 2005. "Why Do Individual Investors Hold Under-Diversified Portfolios?," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm454, Yale School of Management.
- Harry M. Markowitz, 2011.
"Investment for the Long Run: New Evidence for an Old Rule,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: THE KELLY CAPITAL GROWTH INVESTMENT CRITERION THEORY and PRACTICE, chapter 35, pages 495-508
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Markowitz, Harry M, 1976. "Investment for the Long Run: New Evidence for an Old Rule," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(5), pages 1273-1286, December.
- Elton, Edwin J & Gruber, Martin J, 1977. "Risk Reduction and Portfolio Size: An Analytical Solution," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 50(4), pages 415-437, October.
- Statman, Meir, 1987. "How Many Stocks Make a Diversified Portfolio?," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 353-363, September.
- Laurent Laloux & Pierre Cizeau & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud & Marc Potters, 1998. "Noise dressing of financial correlation matrices," Science & Finance (CFM) working paper archive 500051, Science & Finance, Capital Fund Management.
- Merton, Robert C., 1972. "An Analytic Derivation of the Efficient Portfolio Frontier," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 1851-1872, September.
- Smimou, K. & Bector, C.R. & Jacoby, G., 2008. "Portfolio selection subject to experts' judgments," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 1036-1054, December.
- Paolo Laureti & Matus Medo & Yi-Cheng Zhang, 2010. "Analysis of Kelly-optimal portfolios," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(7), pages 689-697.
- Medo, Matúš & Pis’mak, Yury M. & Zhang, Yi-Cheng, 2008. "Diversification and limited information in the Kelly game," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(24), pages 6151-6158.
- Matus Medo & Yury M. Pis'mak & Yi-Cheng Zhang, 2008. "Diversification and limited information in the Kelly game," Papers 0803.1364, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2008.
- Chris Whitrow, 2007. "Algorithms for optimal allocation of bets on many simultaneous events," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series C, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 56(5), pages 607-623.
- Valery Polkovnichenko, 2005. "Household Portfolio Diversification: A Case for Rank-Dependent Preferences," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 18(4), pages 1467-1502.
- Heston, Steven L. & Rouwenhorst, K. Geert, 1994. "Does industrial structure explain the benefits of international diversification?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 3-27, August.
- Olibe, Kingsley O. & Michello, Franklin A. & Thorne, Jerry, 2008. "Systematic risk and international diversification: An empirical perspective," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 681-698, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Charfeddine, Lanouar & Najah, Ahlem & Teulon, Frédéric, 2016. "Socially responsible investing and Islamic funds: New perspectives for portfolio allocation," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 351-361.
- Stéphanie Prat & Sophie Brana, 2010.
"The Introduction of Emerging Currencies into a Portfolio: Towards a more Complete Diversification Model,"
CEPII research center, issue 121, pages 5-24.
- Sophie Brana & Stéphanie Prat, 2009. "The Introduction Of Emerging Currencies Into A Portfolio: Towards A More Complete Diversification Model," Working Papers hal-00616581, HAL.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:arx:papers:0805.3397. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (arXiv administrators). General contact details of provider: http://arxiv.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.