An Impact Analysis of SAPARD in Rural Areas by Alternative Methods of Regionalization
The aim of this article is to evaluate sensitivity of policy impact to the use of different methods of regionalization based on I-O approach. Policy impact is that coming from the application of the SAPARD pre-accession instrument for the period 2000-06 in three rural regions. Towards this aim, 8 alternative methods are applied to derive 8 corresponding I-O matrices for every region considered, from which impacts are calculated. The main results from this analysis are the following ones. First, results in terms of impact are influenced by the method employed, although variability among methods is contained. Second, methods would not seem to be affected by territorial dimension, since structure of differences among methods is generally the same in all the regions considered and for any kind of impact es-timated.
|Date of creation:||Oct 2004|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +39 071 220 7100
Fax: +39 071 220 7102
Web page: http://www.dises.univpm.it/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Richard Harris & Aying Liu, 1998. "Input-Output Modelling of the Urban and Regional Economy: The Importance of External Trade," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(9), pages 851-862.
- A. T. Flegg & C. D. Webber, 2000. "Regional Size, Regional Specialization and the FLQ Formula," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(6), pages 563-569.
- Greenstreet, David, 1989. "A conceptual framework for construction of hybrid regional input-output models," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 283-289.
- A. T. Flegg & C. D. Webber, 1997. "On the Appropriate Use of Location Quotients in Generating Regional Input-Output Tables: Reply," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(8), pages 795-805.
- Randall Jackson, 1998. "Regionalizing National Commodity-by-Industry Accounts," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(3), pages 223-238.
- Steven Brand, 1997. "On the Appropriate Use of Location Quotients in Generating Regional Input-Output Tables: A Comment," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(8), pages 791-794.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:anc:wpaper:218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maurizio Mariotti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.