Credit Exclusion of the Poor: A Study of Cultivator Households in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Narayanamoorthy, A. & Kalamkar, S.S., 2005. "Indebtedness of Farmer Households Across States: Recent Trends, Status and Determinants," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 60(3), pages 1-13.
- Priya Basu, 2006. "Improving Access to Finance for India's Rural Poor," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6927, July.
- Manojit Bhattacharjee & Meenakshi Rajeev & B.P. Vani, 2009. "Asymmetry in Information and Varying Rates of Interest," Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 3(4), pages 339-364, October.
- Manojit Bhattacharjee & Meenakshi Rajeev, 2010. "Interest rate formation in informal credit markets in India: does level of development matter?," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 12610, GDI, The University of Manchester.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tulika Bhattacharya, 2018. "Farmers in Peri-Urban Regions:Socio-Economic Changes and Access to Finance Study for Indian Economy," ICDD Working Papers 23, University of Kassel, Fachbereich Gesellschaftswissenschaften (Social Sciences), Internatioanl Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Rajeev, Meenakshi & Vani, B.P., 2014. "Uncertainty, risk and risk mitigation: Field experiences from farm sector in Karnataka," Working Papers 320, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Rajeev, Meenakshi & Vani, B P & Bhattacharjee, Manojit, 2012. "Nature and Dimensions of Farmers’ Indebtedness in India," MPRA Paper 42358, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olofsgård, Anders & Joshi, Shareen & Desai, Raj M, 2016. "Can the Poor Be Mobilized? Cooperation and Public Goods in Rural India," SITE Working Paper Series 40, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm Institute of Transition Economics.
- Singh, Sukhpal & Bhogal, Shruti & Singh, Randeep, 2014. "Magnitude and Determinants of Indebtedness Among Farmers in Punjab," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 69(2), pages 1-14.
- Bhattacharjee, Manojit & Rajeev, Meenakshi, 2014.
"Is access to loan adequate for financing capital expenditure?: A household level analysis on some selected states of India,"
315, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Meenakshi Rajeev, 2015. "Is Access to Loan Adequate for Financing Capital Expenditure? A Household-level Analysis on Some Selected States of India," Working Papers id:7880, eSocialSciences.
- Desai, Raj M. & Olofsgård, Anders, 2019. "Can the poor organize? Public goods and self-help groups in rural India," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 121(C), pages 33-52.
- Shigufta Hena Uzma & Suvendu Kr. Pratihari, 2019. "Financial Modelling for Business Sustainability: A Study of Business Correspondent Model of Financial Inclusion in India," Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers, , vol. 44(4), pages 211-231, December.
- Jaikumar, Saravana & Singh, Ramendra & Sarin, Ankur, 2018. "‘I show off, so I am well off’: Subjective economic well-being and conspicuous consumption in an emerging economy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 386-393.
- Meenakshi Rajeev & Manojit Bhattacharjee & B P Vani, 2015. "Crop Insurance and Risk Mitigation: Experiences from India," ICDD Working Papers 15, University of Kassel, Fachbereich Gesellschaftswissenschaften (Social Sciences), Internatioanl Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD).
- Rajeev, Meenakshi., 2015. "Financial inclusion and disparity : a case of India," ILO Working Papers 994883243402676, International Labour Organization.
- Filipiak, Ute, 2016. "Trusting financial institutions: Out of reach, out of trust?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 200-214.
- Meenakshi Rajeev & B.P. Vani & Veerashekharappa, 2017. "Self-help groups for Indiaâ€™s financial inclusion: Do effective costs of borrowing limit their operation?," ICDD Working Papers 19, University of Kassel, Fachbereich Gesellschaftswissenschaften (Social Sciences), Internatioanl Center for Development and Decent Work (ICDD).
- Faisal Buyinza & John Mutenyo & Anthony Tibaingana, 2018. "Factors Affecting Access to Formal Credit by Micro and Small Enterprises in Uganda," Athens Journal of Business & Economics, Athens Institute for Education and Research (ATINER), vol. 4(4), pages 405-424, October.
- Saravana Jaikumar & Ankur Sarin, 2015. "Conspicuous consumption and income inequality in an emerging economy: evidence from India," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 26(3), pages 279-292, September.
- Bhole, Bharat & Ogden, Sean, 2010. "Group lending and individual lending with strategic default," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 348-363, March.
- S M Rakibul ANWAR & Tanzina Tabassum TANZO & Riduanul MOSTAFA, 2017. "Financial Inclusion- A Comparative Study On South Asia," Business Excellence and Management, Faculty of Management, Academy of Economic Studies, Bucharest, Romania, vol. 7(4), pages 18-33, December.
- Narayanamoorthy, A., 2013. "Profitability in Crops Cultivation in India: Some Evidence from Cost of Cultivation Survey Data," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 68(1), pages 1-18.
- Narayanamoorthy, A. & Alli, P., 2012. "India’s New Food Security Worries: From Crop Holiday to Declining Foodgrains Area," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 67(3), pages 1-12.
- Treb Allen & David Atkin, 2016. "Volatility and the Gains from Trade," NBER Working Papers 22276, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Remya Tressa Jacob & Rudra Sensarma & Gopakumaran Nair, 2021. "Is Rural Household Debt Sustainable in a Financially Included Region? Evidence from Three Districts of Kerala, India," Working papers 430, Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ajy:icddwp:8. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ickasde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Webadmin (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ickasde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.