Nature and Dimensions of Farmers’ Indebtedness in India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lele, Uma, 1981. "Co-operatives and the poor: A comparative perspective," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 55-72, January.
- Gupta, Manash Ranjan & Chaudhuri, Sarbajit, 1997. "Formal Credit, Corruption and the Informal Credit Market in Agriculture: A Theoretical Analysis," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(254), pages 331-343, May.
- Bell, Clive, 1990. "Interactions between Institutional and Informal Credit Agencies in Rural India," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 297-327, September.
- Manojit Bhattacharjee & Meenakshi Rajeev, 2010. "Interest rate formation in informal credit markets in India: does level of development matter?," Global Development Institute Working Paper Series 12610, GDI, The University of Manchester.
- Siamwalla, Ammar, et al, 1990. "The Thai Rural Credit System: Public Subsidies, Private Information, and Segmented Markets," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 4(3), pages 271-295, September.
- Manojit Bhattacharjee & Meenakshi Rajeev & B.P. Vani, 2009. "Asymmetry in Information and Varying Rates of Interest," Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 3(4), pages 339-364, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:488324 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rajeev, Meenakshi., 2015. "Financial inclusion and disparity : a case of India," ILO Working Papers 994883243402676, International Labour Organization.
- K.P. Krishnan & Venkatesh Panchapagesan & Madalasa Venkataraman, 2016. "Distortions in land markets and their implications to credit generation in India," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2016-005, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
More about this item
KeywordsIncidence of indebtedness; productivity analysis; formal sector credit; indebted households;
- A10 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - General
- C80 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-11-11 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-IUE-2012-11-11 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-MFD-2012-11-11 (Microfinance)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42358. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .