Sur le sens du non welfarisme dans le modèle ELIE de redistribution des revenus de Kolm
Welfare economics or welfarism, which admits that the sole relevant information to assess social states of affairs are individual utilities (Sen, 1979), has had during a very long time an hegemonic status in the field of normative economics. The ELIE model, for "Equal-Labour Income Equalization", both in a very explicit and recurrent way, is presented as breaking with this still dominant tradition (Kolm, 2005, 2011b). This paper explores the meaning of this distancing with welfarism. It is organized as follow. After having given some clarifications concerning, on one hand, the ELIE model and, on the other hand, the welfarism, I discuss the various aspects of the opposition of the ELIE model of income redistribution to welfarism.
|Date of creation:||29 Nov 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.amse-aixmarseille.fr/en|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- MONGIN, Philippe & d'ASPREMONT, Claude, .
"Utility theory and ethics,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
1423, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- P. Mongin & C. d'Aspremont, 1996. "Utility theory and ethics," THEMA Working Papers 96-32, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- MONGIN, Philippe & d ASPREMONT, Claude, 1996. "Utility theory and ethics," CORE Discussion Papers 1996063, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Mongin, P & d'Aspremont, C, 1996. "Utility Theory and Ethics," Papers 9632, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- Jean-Sébastien Gharbi, 2009. "Une justification théorique de la défiscalisation des heures supplémentaires : le modèle ELIE," Working Papers halshs-00409365, HAL.
- Fleurbaey, Marc & Maniquet, Francois, 1996. "Fair allocation with unequal production skills: The No Envy approach to compensation," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 71-93, August.
- Fleurbaey,Marc & Maniquet,François, 2011.
"A Theory of Fairness and Social Welfare,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521715348, December.
- OOGHE, Erwin & SCHOKKAERT, Erik, .
"Is ELIE a wasteful minimum income scheme?,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
2282, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Alain Trannoy & Laurent Simula, 2008. "When Kolm Meets Mirrless: ELIE," IDEP Working Papers 0811, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised Aug 2008.
- Marc Fleurbaey, 2003. "On the informational basis of social choice," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 21(2), pages 347-384, October.
- Kolm,Serge-Christophe, 2005. "Macrojustice," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521835039, December.
- Maniquet, F., 1996.
"An Equal Right Solution to the Compensation-Responsability Dilemma,"
UFAE and IAE Working Papers
335.96, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Maniquet, Francois, 1998. "An equal right solution to the compensation-responsibility dilemma," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 185-202, March.
- Laurent Simula & Alain Trannoy, 2008. "An Exploration of Incentive-Compatible ELIE," IDEP Working Papers 0812, Institut d'economie publique (IDEP), Marseille, France, revised 14 Dec 2008.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:aim:wpaimx:1237. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yves Doazan)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.